Thread poster: Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Local time: 17:09
Arabic to French
Sep 6, 2015

Assalamou alaykoum

I am a translator for Arabic to French

I am about to buy multiterm, who is the personal dictionary of the translator in Studio.

I would like to know how do you arrange your dictionaries to make sure the CAT tools will recognize the words and you will be consistent in your translation (for example if another word appear with the same root).

There are some specificity of Arabic we must take into account, for example, the fact t
... See more
Assalamou alaykoum

I am a translator for Arabic to French

I am about to buy multiterm, who is the personal dictionary of the translator in Studio.

I would like to know how do you arrange your dictionaries to make sure the CAT tools will recognize the words and you will be consistent in your translation (for example if another word appear with the same root).

There are some specificity of Arabic we must take into account, for example, the fact that most of the plural form are 'broken', that we attache to the nouns or the verbs the 'damir' and also some conjunctions, etc...

How to you take into account the specificity of Arabic language in your personal dictionaries?

How do we do to be the most efficient?

What is your experience with that?

Thank you very much for your advises.
Wassalam
Suzanne Chabot

N.B. You can answer me in Arabic, of course.
It is just easier for me to write in English.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to built a good dictionary with CAT tools

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »