Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you accept another job when you're already fully-booked?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:03
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Thinking... Oct 30, 2011

How big is the job, what is it about, when is it due, what rate is on offer, (what kind of question is this?)

These are the considerations that spring to mind.

However, I would never let a current client down. I claim to be good, but I do not claim to be Leonardo, (whose 'workflow organisation' could be somewhat muddled).

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
The word "accept" may have several valid connotations here Oct 31, 2011

I could accept a job even if I am fully booked, as in:

a) The new job has a flexible timeline and/or deadline,
b) The new job is small enough to juggle
c) The customer is not asking me to commit to a deadline that conflicts with any of my current deadlines

We all depend on a verbal acceptance to have an agreement. Agencies usually go with such a verbal agreement, but, what about us? A follow-up question would be "If you, the translator, accept a project verb
... See more
I could accept a job even if I am fully booked, as in:

a) The new job has a flexible timeline and/or deadline,
b) The new job is small enough to juggle
c) The customer is not asking me to commit to a deadline that conflicts with any of my current deadlines

We all depend on a verbal acceptance to have an agreement. Agencies usually go with such a verbal agreement, but, what about us? A follow-up question would be "If you, the translator, accept a project verbally first, would you consider backing out of it in time?"
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you accept another job when you're already fully-booked?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »