ProZ.com Subtitler pool released
Thread poster: Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
Local time: 08:40
SITE STAFF
Aug 9, 2017

We’ve launched a new pool for subtitlers. This is our second pool at ProZ.com - the other features interpreters.

Those offering subtitling services may apply for the pool at http://www.proz.com/pools/subtitlers

Information from the application along with your ProZ.com profile will be used to make the pool
... See more
We’ve launched a new pool for subtitlers. This is our second pool at ProZ.com - the other features interpreters.

Those offering subtitling services may apply for the pool at http://www.proz.com/pools/subtitlers

Information from the application along with your ProZ.com profile will be used to make the pool profile.

To participate in pools, some additional terms and conditions are required involving showing real names, potential for feedback, and ongoing screening.

More specialties will be added soon, so even if you’re not interested as an subtitler, check it out and let us know what you think.

Mike
Collapse

Iqbal balya

Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:40
Member (2013)
English to Russian
- Aug 9, 2017

Mike, the pool link gives a 404, the reason being that pesky period.

Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Pesky period gone Aug 9, 2017

Max Deryagin wrote:

Mike, the pool link gives a 404, the reason being that pesky period.

Adjusted.

It's those last second edits that get you every time. Thanks Max!

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 14:40
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
It does not work Aug 10, 2017

I'm trying to submit the application but it says "At least one language pair is required." No matter how many times I've pressed the "Add" button next to my language pairs, though, nothing happens.

Have you actually tested the form before publishing it?

I have tried Opera, Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer.

[Edited at 2017-08-10 09:03 GMT]

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 13:40
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Same here Aug 10, 2017

I cannot add a language pair from the ones it shows even though the language pair concerned is in my profile page and is there. It keeps telling me 'at least one language pair is required'. It probably only allows the top language pair. Would you please see to it?

Aleksandra Romanova
Aleksandra Romanova
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:40
Japanese to English
+ ...
There is such an issue, not unique to subtitlers pool Aug 10, 2017

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

I'm trying to submit the application but it says "At least one language pair is required." No matter how many times I've pressed the "Add" button next to my language pairs, though, nothing happens.

Have you actually tested the form before publishing it?

I have tried Opera, Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer.

[Edited at 2017-08-10 08:17 GMT]

Actually, I've encountered the same issue when submitting my application to interpreters pool a while ago (in case with my subtitlers pool application, I had help from site staff from the start). I submitted a support ticket, but the source of the problem wasn't found in my case. The issue was resolved in a different way, great thanks to Yana, but apparently the issue itself was not something weird.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Request for help troubleshooting problem adding language pairs Aug 10, 2017

To those unable to apply because of problems adding your language pairs, sorry for the trouble. I'm trying to fix this problem, but I haven't been able to reproduce it myself. I'd appreciate your help.

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

After clicking the "Add" button, if nothing happens, the browser might be reporting some errors that would help identify the problem. To see these errors, open the browser's Javascript console. In Chrome, this can be done by pressing "Ctrl + Shift + J" on Windows or Linux, and "Cmd + Opt + J" on Mac. If you see any errors there, please send a screenshot--either in this forum thread, or privately in a support request: http://www.proz.com/support?mode=ask&type=pools

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,

Jason
ProZ.com Team

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 14:40
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Not a ProZ tester Aug 10, 2017

Hi Jason. I am not a ProZ.com tester. That's your job. I pay to receive a service. This service has been going from bad to worse in the past year, I'm afraid.

[Edited at 2017-08-10 13:57 GMT]

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
In the meantime, staff can configure language pairs for you Aug 10, 2017

Hi Epameinondas,

I understand. Until the issue is fixed, I can configure the language pairs for you (and anyone else who is having trouble). Which language pairs do you want to include in your subtitler profile?

Best regards,

Jason

Nuno Oliveira
Nuno Oliveira  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
Language pairs Aug 11, 2017

I can't seem to add my language pairs as well (nothing happens). Already opened a ticket to hopefully have it sorted.

Liu Peng
Liu Peng  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:40
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Cannot add language Aug 11, 2017

Hello Jason Grimes,

I have encountered the same problem, that is, I can't add language pair, either.

Can you add English to Chinese and French to Chinese Language pair for me, please?

Thanks very much.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Problem adding language pairs seems fixed Aug 11, 2017

The problem adding language pairs that many people have experienced has been fixed, at least for some.

If you were having trouble adding language pairs to your pool profile, please try again and let me know if you still have trouble.

Thanks,

Jason

Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Hermes in subtitler pool Dec 22, 2017

Profiles in the subtitler pool can now include whether subtitlers have a Hermes number.

Those in the pool, or who wish to apply, may add this Netflix test information.

Pool participants or those who wish to apply may do so at: https://www.proz.com/pools/subtitlers

Mike

Maria Isabel Rodrigues
Maria Isabel Rodrigues  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:40
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Rank in the subttitlers pool Sep 10, 2020

Hi,

I hope you are all well and in good health.

I'd like to know what is taken into consideration when determining the order of the professional in the pool.

Thanks,
Maria

Olena Kozar
Charlotte Blot

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com Subtitler pool released

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »