Easier/Quicker way to lock segments in WFP4
Thread poster: Lais Lewicki
Lais Lewicki
Lais Lewicki
Brazil
Local time: 10:19
English to Portuguese
Mar 20, 2017

In WFP4, in order to lock a segment, I use the shortcut "Alt+L", which locks one segment at a time.

However, that is very troublesome and it takes too long.

1. When I use "Alt+L", I lock a segment, but I don't automatically go to the next segment, so I have to use "Alt+Down" and again "Alt+L" to lock the next segment.

2. Is there any way to lock multiple segments at once?

Why do I need this feature? A: I want to be able to send the file to exte
... See more
In WFP4, in order to lock a segment, I use the shortcut "Alt+L", which locks one segment at a time.

However, that is very troublesome and it takes too long.

1. When I use "Alt+L", I lock a segment, but I don't automatically go to the next segment, so I have to use "Alt+Down" and again "Alt+L" to lock the next segment.

Why do I need this feature? A: I want to be able to send the file to external translators with a clear indication of which translated segments they are not allowed to change. In some cases, there are many segments that I would like to lock and the process I've just explained takes too long and it's exhausting.
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:19
Member (2006)
French to English
Lock via current project view > Analyze Project Mar 21, 2017

From the current project view, you can use Analyze to "Lock segments with 100% matches from being edited."

Kind regards,
John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Easier/Quicker way to lock segments in WFP4

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »