"Error while saving file" in WFP5
Thread poster: Lais Lewicki
Lais Lewicki
Lais Lewicki
Brazil
Local time: 10:43
English to Portuguese
May 22, 2017

I am constantly getting this error (Error while saving the file), when I attempt to save my translated file.

I've started to "test" saving all my files right at the start of the translation; sometimes I am able to save a translated file after translating a couple of segments, but I am not able to save it after translating all segments. So the "test" doesn't really work.

I tried saving the file in both .doc and .docx extensions, and that sometimes works, but sometimes it
... See more
I am constantly getting this error (Error while saving the file), when I attempt to save my translated file.

I've started to "test" saving all my files right at the start of the translation; sometimes I am able to save a translated file after translating a couple of segments, but I am not able to save it after translating all segments. So the "test" doesn't really work.

I tried saving the file in both .doc and .docx extensions, and that sometimes works, but sometimes it doesn't.

Something that usually works is cleaning my source file of all formatting, I'll paste it into Notepad and I'll copy it back to Word. However, now I am having this issue with a file that I am not able to clean the formatting (it has a lot of tables and a small deadline).

I work in a translation agency and we all use Wordfast Pro 5. But these constant errors are making us reconsider using this software.

Does anyone have a better solution?
Collapse

Lais Lewicki
Lais Lewicki
Brazil
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Update May 22, 2017

Update:

The error seems to be related to the use of tags.

We had this issue in WFP4, but in WFP5 it seems to be much more common. So far, 4 computers had this issue with different files.

So far, the solution that has worked best is:

Creating a new project, using the translate all to pre-translate all segments and immediately saving my document. If I try to correct the tags, it will not save anymore.

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 07:43
Underline tag May 22, 2017

Hi Lais,

Sorry that you are facing this issue and we have a fix coming out in couple of days for this issue.

The issue is with Underline tags in your document.

To fix, go to every segment that has underline tags and remove the underline tag in target segment. Then choose tag mode to Non-formatting tag mode in Formatting tab. Then select the Under tag in source and copy them to target. This would fix the issues you are having.

Shortcut to select
... See more
Hi Lais,

Sorry that you are facing this issue and we have a fix coming out in couple of days for this issue.

To fix, go to every segment that has underline tags and remove the underline tag in target segment. Then choose tag mode to Non-formatting tag mode in Formatting tab. Then select the Under tag in source and copy them to target. This would fix the issues you are having.

Shortcut to select and copying tags is Ctrl+Alt+Right Arrow to copy and Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow to Insert.

Hope this solves the issue.

Thank you,

John
Collapse

Lais Lewicki
Lais Lewicki
Brazil
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
RE: Underline tag May 22, 2017

John Daniel wrote:

Hi Lais,

Shortcut to select and copying tags is Ctrl+Alt+Right Arrow to copy and Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow to Insert.

Hope this solves the issue.

Thank you,

John

Thank you, John!

We will try this fix and see if it solves the issue or if it keeps coming up. I'll post another reply to this thread if the issue comes up again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Error while saving file" in WFP5

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »