Thread poster: Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:53
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 5, 2016

Probably a basic thing, but I can't find the answer. Is there a shortcut for it? How can it be done?

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Filter them out Mar 5, 2016

Hi Piotr,

1. Choose View > Show Filter menu.
2. Click Filter > Untranslated segments menu.

Then, you set the workflow for the empty segments. The Project segments pane also displays the surrounding context of those segments. Click the "Segments filter" button in the Project segments toolbar to return to the normal unfiltered view and workflow.

Igor

Claudia Brauer

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Action > Skip Mar 5, 2016

You can also have a look at the items in the Action > Skip menu. Normally I have the first 6 ones ticked. In Studio projects I have to filter on untranslated segments after having reached the last segment, because some of the empty ones are being skipped. I prefer to use this filtered mode only for the very last segments. One of the reasons for that is that the filtered view will get lost, when you use some F/R actions, after that you have to refuter and to find back the segment where you where,... See more
You can also have a look at the items in the Action > Skip menu. Normally I have the first 6 ones ticked. In Studio projects I have to filter on untranslated segments after having reached the last segment, because some of the empty ones are being skipped. I prefer to use this filtered mode only for the very last segments. One of the reasons for that is that the filtered view will get lost, when you use some F/R actions, after that you have to refuter and to find back the segment where you where, which isn't always that simple. A double filter mode would be nice.Collapse

Claudia Brauer
Claudia Brauer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:53
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you. Really helped. Oct 31, 2020

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hi Piotr,

1. Choose View > Show Filter menu.
2. Click Filter > Untranslated segments menu.

Then, you set the workflow for the empty segments. The Project segments pane also displays the surrounding context of those segments. Click the "Segments filter" button in the Project segments toolbar to return to the normal unfiltered view and workflow.

Igor

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Go to next empty, untranslated segment

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »