Robert Brown
Robert Brown  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:32
Member (2019)
Spanish to English
Nov 7, 2019

CafeTran Espresso 10.6
I am struggling to work with several Word documents in one project, and move between translating different documents. I try to follow the steps in https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000112837-project-with-multiple-documents but when I select Projects>Documents there is only ever 1 doc
... See more
CafeTran Espresso 10.6
I am struggling to work with several Word documents in one project, and move between translating different documents. I try to follow the steps in https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000112837-project-with-multiple-documents but when I select Projects>Documents there is only ever 1 document available. Is it anything to do with having a free licence? No problem working with single documents.

Thanks for any help.
Robert
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Multiple document projects Nov 7, 2019

Hi Robert,

When you create a NEW project with multiple documents, make sure the "Multiple document project" option is ticked in the Dashboard menu (as described in the knowledge base article).

Once this workflow is activated, any folder you drop on CafeTran's Dashboard will be used to import the contained files (the folder itself may include nested folders).

During project creation you can also define which file types will be imported (if the folder contain
... See more
Hi Robert,

When you create a NEW project with multiple documents, make sure the "Multiple document project" option is ticked in the Dashboard menu (as described in the knowledge base article).

Once this workflow is activated, any folder you drop on CafeTran's Dashboard will be used to import the contained files (the folder itself may include nested folders).

During project creation you can also define which file types will be imported (if the folder contains file types you wish to exclude).

This should absolutely work with the free/demo version.

Please note that once created, a single document project cannot be converted to a Multiple document project, although you can use Project > Add document to add a new document to it, if you need. For multiple documents, the "Multiple document project" option is the recommended method.

Jean
Collapse

Robert Brown
Spain
Member (2019)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
OK Nov 7, 2019

This seems to be what I have been doing, but I will work through this again. Thanks.

Robert Brown
Spain
Member (2019)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
progress Nov 8, 2019

The problem seemed to be where the project is stored and where the documents are stored. Now I can change documents within the folder but there seem to be only 50 segments visible to work with.

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Project pages Nov 8, 2019

Hello Robert,

In CafeTran Espresso, the Segments grid displays a maximum number of translation units (segments). You can navigate between segments with the Arrow buttons of the Segments grid. Previous or Next segments are displayed automatically as you reach the beginning or the end of the "page". You can set the number of segments displayed per page in Edit > Preferences > General > Project page size (units). The default is indeed 50.

Robert Brown
Spain
Member (2019)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 9, 2019

Thanks, I need to go away and practise a bit now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiple Projects Documents

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »