Milena Cosby
Milena Cosby  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:43
Member (2019)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 18, 2019

Hello,

I am using CafeTran Espresso 10.5 Croissant.

It seems I cannot add segments to my project memory any more. I haven't changed anything in my settings. This is the error I get: 'Fragments memory is not open'.
When going into Project > Project configuration... > Memory & glossary, I check Project memory and Fragments memory in its settings. But if I reopen it, it is always unchecked again.

My Matchboard tab has also gone blank.

I am n
... See more
Hello,

I am using CafeTran Espresso 10.5 Croissant.

It seems I cannot add segments to my project memory any more. I haven't changed anything in my settings. This is the error I get: 'Fragments memory is not open'.
When going into Project > Project configuration... > Memory & glossary, I check Project memory and Fragments memory in its settings. But if I reopen it, it is always unchecked again.

My Matchboard tab has also gone blank.

I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TM is set as read-only Nov 18, 2019

Hello Milena,

I think this error message is shown when your Fragments memory is in read-only mode, so there is no open writable memory CafeTran can use to store new fragments in.

To check this, go to that memory tab and right-click inside the tab to show its context menu.

Select the last option (Options) to bring up the TM options for that particular TM.

If "Read-only" is enabled, just uncheck it.

Jean

[Edited at 2019-11-18
... See more
Hello Milena,

I think this error message is shown when your Fragments memory is in read-only mode, so there is no open writable memory CafeTran can use to store new fragments in.

To check this, go to that memory tab and right-click inside the tab to show its context menu.

Select the last option (Options) to bring up the TM options for that particular TM.

If "Read-only" is enabled, just uncheck it.

Jean

[Edited at 2019-11-18 21:18 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Memory isn't set to receive fragments? Nov 19, 2019

You can get this error message:

e.g. after clicking this button:

One other possible explanation (beside the one Jean gives above) is that you haven't configured your memory to receive (accept, store) fragments. Or ... that you have deselected this option by mistake (e.g. via the context menu).

You can easily force your memory to accept fragments, by positioning the mouse pointer over the memory tab (over a translation unit) and right-clicking to open the context menu. Then, select Fragments memory.

Milena Cosby
Milena Cosby  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:43
Member (2019)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Dec 4, 2019

Thank you Jean and Hans for your help.

It was indeed because the memory was (by mistake) set to read-only.
It is now working again!

unnepnori (X)
unnepnori (X)
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Read-only cannot be unchecked. Jun 17, 2020

Hi everyone,

I couldn't uncheck the read-only setting and I don't know why.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Fragments memory is not open'

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »