Thread poster: mek0n
mek0n
mek0n  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:16
Member (2014)
German to English
Dec 3, 2019

I just want to know how I can (a) unlock a particular segment (b) unlock all segments. I've been trying to do this under Task>Unlock segments but nothing happens.
TIA
Ross Greville

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Unlocking a segment Dec 3, 2019

In a native project, to unlock a specific segment:

- Make sure Locked segments are not set to be skipped in Action > Skip.
- Go to that particular segment.
- Right-click inside the Source segment editor and toggle the Locked segment status.
- Move to another segment,
... See more
In a native project, to unlock a specific segment:

- Make sure Locked segments are not set to be skipped in Action > Skip.
- Go to that particular segment.
- Right-click inside the Source segment editor and toggle the Locked segment status.
- Move to another segment, the locked status will be removed.

https://github.com/idimitriadis0/TheCafeTranFiles/wiki/2-Menu-and-Interface#source-segment-editor-context-menu

To unlock all locked segments:

Task > Unlock segments.

---

For external projects (SDLXLIFFs, etc.), if you lock a segment, it remains locked for the session only and does not interfere with the original locked status. I'm not sure the locked status can be removed though, the "L" sign is not removed once set during the session or if already set externally.

If you remove the skip Locked segments options, I think you can still edit a locked segment.

Other cafetranslators might know this better.
Collapse

mek0n
mek0n  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:16
Member (2014)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Tx Dec 3, 2019

Thanks a lot, mon pote! Problem solved!
Ross

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 14:16
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Skip locked segments Dec 4, 2019

The latest CTE build has added the segment skipping option to project templates, which is OK but not enough in my opinion.

The problem is that is gets reset every time CTE is closed, so it must be disabled every time you reopen it. Isn't this a nuisance unless you are always able to complete projects without pausing every now and then?

Although this is supposed to happen only with external projects (SDL Studio, MemoQ and the like), considering that they make up the ma
... See more
The latest CTE build has added the segment skipping option to project templates, which is OK but not enough in my opinion.

The problem is that is gets reset every time CTE is closed, so it must be disabled every time you reopen it. Isn't this a nuisance unless you are always able to complete projects without pausing every now and then?

Although this is supposed to happen only with external projects (SDL Studio, MemoQ and the like), considering that they make up the majority of "locked segments" situations a solution is really needed.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unlocking a segment

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »