Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:57
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
Apr 21, 2020

Hello all,
I would like to reconfigure completely my website and would like to know if somebody can recommend me an easy-to-use Web editor for Linux that would yet allow me to create a fancy design without having highly advanced technological knowledge of web designing.
Thanks very much in advance.
Geneviève

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 07:57
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Online HTML Editor Apr 21, 2020

There's one HTML editor that I like. It's URL is htmlg.com/html-editor

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
--- Apr 21, 2020

---

[Edited at 2020-04-21 14:16 GMT]

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:57
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
vim / emacs / geany… Apr 21, 2020

… or any other text editor. If you are serious about creating good web pages, you have to learn to write HTML code. Nothing is more efficient.

Or try LibreOffice Writer / Web.

Bruno Veilleux
Bruno Veilleux  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:57
English to French
Hosting options Apr 22, 2020

Assuming your website is not self-hosted, there is a fair chance that your host has WYSIWYG tools or templates for webdesign, perhaps accessible via cPanel. While not specifically Linux-based (or at least client-side) editors, they can be similar to Wix and others in their simplicity (and lack of flexibility).

I’ve never used an actual IDE (I’m one of those fools still writing raw
... See more
Assuming your website is not self-hosted, there is a fair chance that your host has WYSIWYG tools or templates for webdesign, perhaps accessible via cPanel. While not specifically Linux-based (or at least client-side) editors, they can be similar to Wix and others in their simplicity (and lack of flexibility).

I’ve never used an actual IDE (I’m one of those fools still writing raw code in an advanced text editor), but http://bluegriffon.org/ looks like a well-featured Dreamweaver clone (or equivalent).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Web editor recommendation(s) for Linux?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »