memoQ server project - where is the setting about which TM to update?
Thread poster: jmutka
jmutka
jmutka
United States
Local time: 20:47
Finnish to English
+ ...
Aug 25, 2017

so - an online project from an agency.

the work package contains two TM's, the work one and the master one - which i guess are not downloaded but reside on the server.

but in order to do the job, i want to lean on my local TM that has similar language. all good, can add it on the TMs tab and it shows up.

but having finished / delivered the job i notice that my new work is not in the local TM i had used. i guess i could export an xliff and add that, but is t
... See more
so - an online project from an agency.

the work package contains two TM's, the work one and the master one - which i guess are not downloaded but reside on the server.

but in order to do the job, i want to lean on my local TM that has similar language. all good, can add it on the TMs tab and it shows up.

but having finished / delivered the job i notice that my new work is not in the local TM i had used. i guess i could export an xliff and add that, but is there a better way - and one that would update the TM during the work, not after?
Collapse

Johan Kjallman
Johan Kjallman  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:47
Member (2008)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Make it your Working or Master TM Aug 25, 2017

Hi,

AFAIK it's not possible to write to multiple TMs while working. To send all translations to your local TM after the translation is done you can either make your local TM the Working TM, select all segments (ctrl-shift-A) and confirm with ctrl+enter, or make it your Master TM and confirm all segments using ctrl+shift-u (Confirm and update rows)

/Johan

jmutka
jmutka
United States
Local time: 20:47
Finnish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ok - thanks - i think i'll make my local TM the working one next time Aug 27, 2017

ok - thanks - i think i'll make my local TM the working one next time and then export/import to the client TM before i deliver the job. anyway, i like to synchronize with server only at the end of job.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ server project - where is the setting about which TM to update?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »