In MemoQ 2015, how do I get back my project in MemoQ and get access to it again?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 19:20
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 18, 2017

I just completed a big project in MemoQ 2015 with online TM and submitted it to the customer. Then I accidentially deleted the project inside MemoQ, and can't find it now.

When I deleted it inside MemoQ, it seems to have been deleted also from the folder I chose for it when checking out the project.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Simple - A new checkout Sep 18, 2017

You can simply do a new checkout. You can still do it unless the customer has de-assigned the project from you. If you are still assigned to it, check-out is still possible.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already tried that Sep 18, 2017

I tried that already Tomás, but this project doesn't show up any longer in the list, only a test translation I did earlier. I double-checked, and it's the same server as last time.

Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
almost impossible Sep 18, 2017

Fredrik what you are saying is highly unlikely. Are you a novice user?

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What is impossible? Sep 18, 2017

I'm not following you Anthony. What happens is that the project is not there any longer. I deleted it by accident from within MemoQ. Then I try to check it out again, and it's not there any longer. It's not impossible, it's a fact.

[Edited at 2017-09-18 08:57 GMT]

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 20:20
German to English
+ ...
Dear Fredrik, Sep 18, 2017

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

I just completed a big project in MemoQ 2015 with online TM and submitted it to the customer. Then I accidentially deleted the project inside MemoQ, and can't find it now.

When I deleted it inside MemoQ, it seems to have been deleted also from the folder I chose for it when checking out the project.

after project delivery to the client, no further actions with the project on client's server are possible for you including check-out. Maybe you should try http://kilgray.com/memoq/current/help-en/?

[Edited at 2017-09-18 11:20 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-09-18 11:22 GMT]

Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 20:20
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Ask client to reassign Sep 18, 2017

It's possible that the client has already de-assigned the project, so you would need to ask the to re-assign the project to you.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, already re-assigned Sep 18, 2017

I thought that because immediately after I had accidentially deleted the project, it was because of that I couldn't access it (I had some other error message before I tried checking it out again). I had two versions of the project named exactly the same. But it turned out the customer immediately assigned the project to the reviewer, so that's why I didn't have access any more.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In MemoQ 2015, how do I get back my project in MemoQ and get access to it again?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »