Thread poster: Lucia Leszinsky
Arianne Farah
Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:21
Member (2008)
English to French
Started a few days ago Oct 25, 2016

The tweet-like length & simplicity appeal to me. Now if there were a way to aggregate the monthly/yearly word-count by subject matter, I would be delighted! I'm a horrible bookkeeper and have never managed to keep detailed statistics myself (I usually reverse-engineer yearly word count by looking at my gross earnings and dividing by my average per-word rate)

Sophie Dzhygir
Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:21
German to French
+ ...
Project history Oct 27, 2016

I suggest to merge the project history feature and WIWO. I used to be a user of the project history, but I would update it about twice a year. I found this to be a useful tool, but very unfriendly to fill.
As WIWO was introduced, I also had doubts, but I started using it and now I like it. I do use the reply function from time to time. I find it much easier to fill on the go and I also enjoy having a quick look at what people are working on.
So I think the project history is going t
... See more
I suggest to merge the project history feature and WIWO. I used to be a user of the project history, but I would update it about twice a year. I found this to be a useful tool, but very unfriendly to fill.
As WIWO was introduced, I also had doubts, but I started using it and now I like it. I do use the reply function from time to time. I find it much easier to fill on the go and I also enjoy having a quick look at what people are working on.
So I think the project history is going to be obsolete soon. However, it was indeed shown in the directory, whereas WIWO is not. So why not merge both features to some point?
Collapse

Manuella Lange
Shiv Shankar Mishra

Michal Fabian
Michal Fabian  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:21
Dutch to Slovak
+ ...
Perplexed Oct 27, 2016

How does not everyone just answer this question with "my computer"? I thought this was the internet!

Shiv Shankar Mishra

Lake78
Lake78  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:21
Member (2014)
Romanian to English
+ ...
... Dec 13, 2016

How can this feature be turned off?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the suggestions Dec 13, 2016

Arianne Farah wrote:

The tweet-like length & simplicity appeal to me. Now if there were a way to aggregate the monthly/yearly word-count by subject matter, I would be delighted!

Sophie Dzhygir wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions, Arianne and Sophie --and apologies for taking me so long to reply. I have added both to a list of potential feature improvements for future evaluation and possible implementation. Keep you posted!

Lucia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Hiding What translators are working on feed from home-page Dec 13, 2016

Lake78 wrote:

How can this feature be turned off?

To hide the What translators are working on feed from your home-page, visit http://www.proz.com/profile?sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=general_settings and select the "Hide" option from the drop-down menu. Then click on "Save settings" to save your changes.

A direct "Customize" link will be added shortly to the box itself for easy access to settings.

Lucia

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:21
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
What about Word count? May 27, 2017

Is it possible have a total word count since I started to input my projects?

Happy weekend!

Clarisa

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Added May 31, 2017

¡Hola, Clarisa!

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

Is it possible have a total word count since I started to input my projects?

Happy weekend!

Clarisa

Total word count information has been added to the What I'm working on box on top of profile pages.

Total word count is taken from information entered into the "Word count" field of the wiwo form, https://www.proz.com/wiwo/new (this means that word count information entered in the free text field will not be taken into account).

You can make this information invisible at any time by clicking on the small arrows next to it in your profile page.

I hope this is what you were asking for!

Lu

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
Quick access Jun 14, 2017

Hello, I would appreciate an access to wiwos at the menu that drops when hovering the cursor on our name (picture).

Would it be possible or is the feature already there (and I haven't seen it ).

Thanks.

Sin título

[Edited at 2017-06-14 16:39 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Direct link available in profiles Jun 14, 2017

Hi Susana,

Since "What I'm working on" is a profile-related feature, a direct link to your posts is available at the top of you profile page.

In any case, a direct link to posts may be added to the drop-down menu at the top of site pages eventually. I'll let you know if this is implemented. Thanks!

Lu

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Jun 14, 2017

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hi Susana,

Since "What I'm working on" is a profile-related feature, a direct link to your posts is available at the top of you profile page.

In any case, a direct link to posts may be added to the drop-down menu at the top of site pages eventually. I'll let you know if this is implemented. Thanks!

Lu

Thanks, Lucia, it would be nice...

Hakan Kiyici
Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:21
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
looks great, but can't more than 2 records Jan 9, 2018

Hi,

I successfully recorded two of my jobs.

Later, I added 2 more on different days, but they are not displayed.

Anyone having the same issue?

Kind regards

Hakan Kiyici

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:21
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You should be able to submit new entries Jan 9, 2018

Hello Hakan,

You should be able to submit new entries from https://www.proz.com/wiwo/new . I could find no problem with the process to submit a new entry. Could you please try again and let me know how it goes? Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Natalia Potashnik
Natalia Potashnik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:21
English to Russian
+ ...
How to make WIWO visible in my profile? Jun 17, 2018

Someone already posted this question here. The answer was that WIWO is located right under Project History in the profile, but I do not see it in my profile.

What am I missing?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:21
SITE STAFF
Click on the "Show what I'm working on options" link to see visibility options Jun 18, 2018

Hi Natalia,

Your WIWO entries are shown at the top of your profile, unless you have clicked on the option to "Hide this from me" at some point.

If the options have been hidden, you can show them by clicking on the "Show what I'm working on options" link just below the feedback box at the top right of your profile:

Wiwo_options

That will open up the WIWO section, and you can select to make them visible publicly (or hide them if you have made them visible).

Jared

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing a new "What I am working on" feature

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »