Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Beware of 'Riham' Language Met (Languagemet)
Thread poster: Anna Mattsson
Sofia Gutkin
Sofia Gutkin  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 16:46
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
More emails from Language Met Aug 29, 2014

I've received two different emails from Language Met this week, both by Nihal. Of course I am ignoring them since there are plenty of threads online about this company. Here are the emails:

Hello,
We would like to work with you since we have rather big and important Russian to English translation task.
The topic is Women Lingerie catalogue (Russian – English), could you please tell me what is your price per translation?
Best
Nihal

Also:
... See more
I've received two different emails from Language Met this week, both by Nihal. Of course I am ignoring them since there are plenty of threads online about this company. Here are the emails:

Hello,
We would like to work with you since we have rather big and important Russian to English translation task.
The topic is Women Lingerie catalogue (Russian – English), could you please tell me what is your price per translation?
Best
Nihal

Also:

Hello,
Thank you very much for your patience with us. Please translate the attached Sample into English. Its abig project and we need high quality please,
When can we expect the translation? Today or tomorrow morning?

Best regards,
Nihal

[Edited at 2014-08-29 09:42 GMT]
Collapse

Hosseinmim

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:46
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Please provide those messages to ProZ. com Support Aug 29, 2014

Dear Sofia,

If you received those messages via ProZ.com, please submit them to ProZ.com Support, so they can track down the sender and keep them from sending any more such messages. For the Support folks to track down the sender, they'll need the full headers in the messages. Here's a handy link explaining how to find the headers:
http://pobox.com/fullheaders.mhtml

Mustafa Fadhel
Mustafa Fadhel
Local time: 08:46
Arabic to English
+ ...
I have same experience with this notorious co Nov 20, 2014

Hi Folks,

I don't have space to send you all the emails from different names on Language met, but I am ready to provide them for whom who ask for,

First every month or so for some years now I got this cooperation translation mails with a test translation include that you spend useless time on with false promises that they will eventually send you Big Translation Jobs,

Then some mails comes with urgent jobs with very law pay, I did tow. First end up if onl
... See more
Hi Folks,

I don't have space to send you all the emails from different names on Language met, but I am ready to provide them for whom who ask for,

First every month or so for some years now I got this cooperation translation mails with a test translation include that you spend useless time on with false promises that they will eventually send you Big Translation Jobs,

Then some mails comes with urgent jobs with very law pay, I did tow. First end up if only five dollars and I was asking the transfer would cost more that that so i said It is free this time. the second Job that i finished was about $30 after huge discount but i said OK and they still delay payment and apologies till I start sending them some hard mails and now am getting threats mails from them in Arabic.

But just yesterday I got a mail from one of their senior top partner Manager saying that he left for good and the reason that they broke terms of agreement, so he left them.
and that he can't not disclose further details. and I cannot mention his name.

We are to do something about it O will first but here all their mails :

Thanks
Collapse

Irving Reyes
Irving Reyes  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
English to Spanish
+ ...
Received an email today Feb 11, 2021

I just received an email today from this individual

Maher Sady from email "[email protected]"

from "Word Target"
http://www.wordtarget.net/
phone: 00972-592762260

Dear Translator,

I am Maher Sady, a project manager at Word Target . Our company can offer a lot of projects, and I'm happy to invite you to be a member of our tea... See more
I just received an email today from this individual

Maher Sady from email "[email protected]"

from "Word Target"
http://www.wordtarget.net/
phone: 00972-592762260

Dear Translator,

I am Maher Sady, a project manager at Word Target . Our company can offer a lot of projects, and I'm happy to invite you to be a member of our team, we'd be glad of you can send us the permission and agreement to send your CV to our clients.

We would be grateful if you would allow us to make some adjustments to your respectful CV and I promise you'd receive a lot of profit .

If you agree, we invite you to read our contract, sign it, and send it along with your CV and cover letter.

Thank you for your time!

Greetings to you,

Ran a search on google, found nothing, used his phone number on the website to run another search and found magic-trans.net, and then searched here and found all these scam alert posts.

The email had an attachment that reads as follows:

Authorization and Agreement

Can you give us permission, authorization and agreement in order for us to send your CV to our clients?
If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients. In this case, we will use a free email which will be put inside your CV in order to receive projects and therefore we will reply on your behalf.

We can also email your certificates if needed to clients on your behalf. We will give you the projects and in cases when you are not available, we will give the projects to other translators.

If you agree, you will be considered as a close team member and consequently you will be eligible for any developmental plan. This is part of group work based on mutual cooperation because the translation market is full of competition.

Please let me know so that we start work. If you agree, sign this authorization and agreement document.

Your name

Your signature
Collapse

Emanuele Vacca
Dwi Rachmelia
Nur Izzati Mohd Saleh (X)
Saghir Ahmed
Omid Shabani

Emanuele Vacca
Emanuele Vacca  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:46
Member (2020)
English to Italian
They still exist Mar 4, 2021

I've just been contacted by someone whose website shows the same number. They also asked me to authorized them to make some changes to my CV and to send it to their clients. This is the website currently used by the scammer: http://wordtarget.net/

Dwi Rachmelia
Omid Shabani

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
At least they asked your permission Mar 4, 2021

Emanuele Vacca wrote:

I've just been contacted by someone whose website shows the same number. They also asked me to authorized them to make some changes to my CV and to send it to their clients. This is the website currently used by the scammer: http://wordtarget.net/

It will be worse if they just send your resume out without letting you know. In this sense, they are the scammers with strong ethics.

[Edited at 2021-03-04 15:37 GMT]

Dwi Rachmelia

Marisa Condurso de Nohara
Marisa Condurso de Nohara  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
suspicious wordtarget.net emails Mar 10, 2021

Dear Colleagues,

Today, March 10th 2021, I received an email from the above mentioned sender, promising long term projects and lots of benefits "mainly" for translators by stating as follows:

"You can rest assured that the largest proportion of the profits will be for you according to the standard translation rates used in the translation market and be sure that you will receive comfortable, reliable and legal treatment in addition to long experience in this field."
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

Today, March 10th 2021, I received an email from the above mentioned sender, promising long term projects and lots of benefits "mainly" for translators by stating as follows:

"You can rest assured that the largest proportion of the profits will be for you according to the standard translation rates used in the translation market and be sure that you will receive comfortable, reliable and legal treatment in addition to long experience in this field."

They are asking for permission to modify my CV by changing my email address and replace it by a free email of their own.

This time the Project Manager who signed the email is Ayla Ayman.

When I was about to learn something about such a company/agency, I found your thread, so I decided to add my own one, too.

Keep an eye!

Best regards,
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Katarzyna Slowikova
Omid Shabani

bazyar
bazyar
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:46
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Same email today from Word Targe Company. Mar 13, 2021

Dear Colleagues

Hi, I received the same email today from this email :
[email protected]

Here is the email:
"To the brilliant translators,

I'm Gadeer Jmah. I am working as a mediator between the translators, and clients in a word target company.

All I want that sending your fabulous CV to our email to be one of the best translators in our company and we will present to you
... See more
Dear Colleagues

[email protected]

Here is the email:

I'm Gadeer Jmah. I am working as a mediator between the translators, and clients in a word target company.

All I want that sending your fabulous CV to our email to be one of the best translators in our company and we will present to you many projects at a good price.

Trust us and will not regret it, be sure that you are dealing with an honest and comfortable company

Shall you please read our contract, and send it signed together with your CV and cover letter.

We will be so happy to work with you.

Best Regards,
Gadeer Jmah,
Project Manager
Word Targe Company.
www.wordtarget.net.
"
and it is what they called contract:

"Authorization and Agreement

Can you give us permission, authorization and agreement in order for us to send your CV to our clients?
If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients. In this case, we will use a free email which will be put inside your CV in order to receive projects and therefore we will reply on your behalf.

We can also email your certificates if needed to clients on your behalf. We will give you the projects and in cases when you are not available, we will give the projects to other translators.

If you agree, you will be considered as a close team member and consequently you will be eligible for any developmental plan. This is part of group work based on mutual cooperation because the translation market is full of competition.

Please let me know so that we start work. If you agree, sign this authorization and agreement document.

Your name

Your signature"

I search for the company and I found this discussion. So, it worth putting it here, to help everyone else.
Take care
Collapse

Natalie
Dwi Rachmelia
Yolanda Broad
Saghir Ahmed
Katarzyna Slowikova
Sneha Gupta

Dwi Rachmelia
Dwi Rachmelia  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 12:46
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Scam alert, beware of email from wordtarget.net Mar 15, 2021

So far I have received two emails on behalf of wordtarget.net in the span of two days and the content is very alarming. They asked all my info and my CV, and asked permission to remove my contact info from the CV and change it to their email instead. I read similar posts above me who seems to have experienced the same thing.

- First email from ([email protected], 03/14/2021)
"Dear master translator,

I get the great honor to write to you and introduce
... See more
So far I have received two emails on behalf of wordtarget.net in the span of two days and the content is very alarming. They asked all my info and my CV, and asked permission to remove my contact info from the CV and change it to their email instead. I read similar posts above me who seems to have experienced the same thing.

- First email from ([email protected], 03/14/2021)
"Dear master translator,

I get the great honor to write to you and introduce myself to you.

I am Mera Gol, project manager at word target company for translation services, proud to meet you.
I am a mediator between the clients and translators,
looking forward to build a long-term and stable cooperation with you to get many future potential projects at a very good price.

If you agree, you can read our contract and give us your signature and send it along with your CV and cover letter?

Thank you for taking time to read my email.
We will be so happy to work with you

Best wishes,

Mera Gol
Project Manager
Word target company
www.wordtarget.net"

- Second email from ([email protected], 03/15/2021), basically the same message.

I wasn't sure if the name is made up or taken from unrelated real persons who's unaware of this incident, so I share the email address instead. I suspect there's more than just those two. Along with them is an attachment of a very lazy one-page word document of agreement (read the post above) which basically asked for our agreement to share CV and other certificates if available, and to replace contact info.

Please keep an eye from these type of emails!
Collapse

Omid Shabani

Mourad Alem
Mourad Alem  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
+ ...
Me too, I got 2 emails from wordtarget.net Mar 16, 2021

Here is the email I just got from wordtarget.net

To the brilliant translators,

I'm Bodor Jamal. I am working as a mediator between the translators, and clients in a word target company.

All I want that sending your fabulous CV to our email to be one of the best translators in our company and we will present to you many projects at a go
... See more
Here is the email I just got from wordtarget.net

To the brilliant translators,

I'm Bodor Jamal. I am working as a mediator between the translators, and clients in a word target company.

All I want that sending your fabulous CV to our email to be one of the best translators in our company and we will present to you many projects at a good price.

Trust us and will not regret it, be sure that you are dealing with an honest and comfortable company

Shall you please read our contract, and send it signed together with your CV and cover letter.

Best Regards,
Bodor Jamal,
Project Manager
Word Target Company.
www.wordtarget.net.
Collapse

Saghir Ahmed
Omid Shabani

Hannah Quinn
Hannah Quinn
Ireland
Spanish to English
I received a similar email Apr 15, 2021

Hi everyone,

I'm glad I found this thread! I thought I'd share the email I received today, just so more people are aware of these pesky scammers:

"Dear master translator,

I am Aya Husam, project manager at word target company for translation services, proud to meet you.
... See more
Hi everyone,

I'm glad I found this thread! I thought I'd share the email I received today, just so more people are aware of these pesky scammers:

"Dear master translator,

I am Aya Husam, project manager at word target company for translation services, proud to meet you.

I am a mediator between the client and translators and so It’s a pleasure to invite you to make long cooperation in translation work to get many future potential projects.
You can rest assured that the largest proportion of the profits will be for you according to the standard translation rates used in the translation market and be sure that you will receive comfortable, reliable and legal treatment in addition to long experience in this field.
So, if you interested, I will be pleased and ready to receive your CV and cover letter, and I ask you to give me permission and agreement to make just minor modification at your CV it is to use a free email that will be placed inside your CV instead your email.

If agree you can read our contract, give us your signature and send it along with your CV and cover letter?

looking forward to build a long-term and stable cooperation with you.

Best wishes,
Aya Husam
Project Manager
Word target company
www.wordtarget.net"
Collapse

Sanja Lang

Katarzyna Slowikova
Katarzyna Slowikova  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Czech
+ ...
Seriously...???!! Apr 24, 2021

jyuan_us wrote:

It will be worse if they just send your resume out without letting you know. In this sense, they are the scammers with strong ethics.

[Edited at 2021-03-04 15:37 GMT]

Are you joking???! They ask for your "permission" because they DO NOT have your resume, it's just a way of getting it from you.
There's really no excuse to be ignorant about this scam in 2021, there's been tons of info about it since 2013 or so and the "permission" wording, posted thousand times all over the internet, hasn't been changed since then.

Edit: All of the email addresses mentioned above are listed in the Translator-Scammers Directory at http://www.translator-scammers.com. If you get contacted from an address not listed there, it's advisable to send the email header to the website. You'll help others (except those who do not google).

[Edited at 2021-04-24 14:38 GMT]

Yolanda Broad
Gilberto Fernandes

Frank Feng
Frank Feng  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 13:46
Member (2016)
English to Chinese
+ ...
An email from "Aya Husam" from the same website, on June 6, 2021 Jun 6, 2021

I received the following email today, from a "Aya Husam" ([email protected]):

---------------------------------------------

Dear master translator,

I am a mediator between the client and translators and so It’s a pleasure to invite you to make long coop
... See more
I received the following email today, from a "Aya Husam" ([email protected]):

---------------------------------------------

Dear master translator,

I am a mediator between the client and translators and so It’s a pleasure to invite you to make long cooperation in translation work to get many future potential projects.
You can rest assured that the largest proportion of the profits will be for you according to the standard translation rates used in the translation market and be sure that you will receive comfortable, reliable and legal treatment in addition to long experience in this field.
So, if you interested, I will be pleased and ready to receive your CV and cover letter, and I ask you to give me permission and agreement to make just minor modification at your CV it is to use a free email that will be placed inside your CV instead your email.

If agree you can read our contract, give us your signature and send it along with your CV and cover letter?

looking forward to build a long-term and stable cooperation with you.

Best wishes,
Aya Husam
Project Manager
Word target company
www.wordtarget.net

Attachments area
Collapse

Sneha Gupta

Sneha Gupta
Sneha Gupta
India
Local time: 11:16
German to English
+ ...
This is a serious issue Sep 9, 2021

This was the very first mail I came across:

"Are you available to do this project?
QTY: 1 file (681 words)
RPW: 0.03
Total: 20.43USD
Deadline: 10/9/2021 (tomorrow)
Payment term: 30-45 days.
Payment method: PayPal.
Don't proceed before my confirmation"

As I had no clue what was it all about i replied for more details and after few more mail exchange and insisting for a while he came up with this -

I'm gadeer jmah.
... See more
This was the very first mail I came across:

"Are you available to do this project?
QTY: 1 file (681 words)
RPW: 0.03
Total: 20.43USD
Deadline: 10/9/2021 (tomorrow)
Payment term: 30-45 days.
Payment method: PayPal.
Don't proceed before my confirmation"

As I had no clue what was it all about i replied for more details and after few more mail exchange and insisting for a while he came up with this -

I'm gadeer jmah. I am working as a mediator between the translators, and clients in a word target company.
You can visit my company link
Gadeer jmah,
Project Manager
Word Targe Company.
www.wordtarget.net
I can extend the deadline on Monday Quality is the first thing.
I am interested in a long-term collaboration with you.

No Idea how many translators are approached same way and been trapped, glad I got to find it here early. Please beware guys now the technique is little different, convincing and much tactful.

bazyar wrote:

Dear Colleagues

[email protected]

Here is the email:

Best Regards,
Gadeer Jmah,
Project Manager
Word Targe Company.
www.wordtarget.net.
"
and it is what they called contract:

"Authorization and Agreement

Your name

Your signature"

I search for the company and I found this discussion. So, it worth putting it here, to help everyone else.
Take care

Collapse

Max Jeremiah
Max Jeremiah  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2019)
German to English
+ ...
Still going in 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Received a very similar email to the emails described here from [email protected] just yesterday.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Beware of 'Riham' Language Met (Languagemet)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »