Thread poster: Gemma Cuni Vidal
Valerie Gurak
Valerie Gurak
Local time: 18:02
English to Russian
+ ...
Definitely unreliable, and read why.. Oct 5, 2016

Hi everybody,

We've tried to work with Nedaa Sameh from this company (I googled him, hadn't found anything in July, and took a risk)..
That was quite an expensive lesson for me.. Over 3500 USD total.
I even managed to find the person who ordered those translations from him (and they should be preparing a lawsuite now for 1) violating NDA, 2) signing of NDA using other person's name and CV..)

<
... See more
Hi everybody,

We've tried to work with Nedaa Sameh from this company (I googled him, hadn't found anything in July, and took a risk)..
That was quite an expensive lesson for me.. Over 3500 USD total.
I even managed to find the person who ordered those translations from him (and they should be preparing a lawsuite now for 1) violating NDA, 2) signing of NDA using other person's name and CV..)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yap84x9vngjok8b/Skype%20Chat%20Nedaa%20Almasri%20also%20Nedaa%20Sameh.docx?dl=0 (our Skype chat)

For now, the only thing that I managed to complete is to send information about them to all Translationdirectory.com linguists (that appeared to be nothing serious for them, as I tried to use this to persuade them paying..) Even using all the evidence.
Collapse

nekonote

kardashov
kardashov
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
The company is a non-payer Apr 11, 2017

Tried to work with Nedaa Sameh from this company. The result is -80 USD and two month of bla-bla-bla when I was promised to be paid tomorrow. But tomorrow didn't come. Fortunately I didn't accept a bigger project. The manager is totally inadequate. The first thing was that I did spend 5 hours trying to get PO from him. PO was confirmed and never paid. So don't repeat my mistakes and don't accept project from them.

Maria Folque

Michael Billett
Michael Billett
Brazil
Local time: 13:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hello Fellow Collegues, here´s the most fresh email I got today about this company Mar 12, 2018

Online Translator
dom 11/03/2018 15:46
Amal ([email protected])
Hello, I am Soad Qeshta, a project manager, at 24translate Company. I am seeking for translators at this moment who can provide a good quality of translation or proofreading service for a long term collaboration.

If you are interested in working with me, just let me know:

What is your best rate per word for translation and proofreading in USD?
What is your language combinati
... See more
Online Translator
dom 11/03/2018 15:46
Amal ([email protected])
Hello, I am Soad Qeshta, a project manager, at 24translate Company. I am seeking for translators at this moment who can provide a good quality of translation or proofreading service for a long term collaboration.

What is your language combinations?
Do you use CAT tools? If you use CAT tools, tell me such as
Could you possibly tell me your Skype ID for easier communication? Can you send your CV?

Looking forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Thanks

Regards, Soad Qeshta | Project Manager

Does anyone know who this Soad Qeshta is or a such Mr.Amal ???
Collapse

Davide Zambianchi
Davide Zambianchi
Belgium
Local time: 17:02
English to French
+ ...
Update on this company Mar 24, 2018

Hi guys,

I am glad I found this thread to help me make my mind about a job offer I just received from that company.

I got approached on Facebook through one of these remote work pages and I just got suspicious when the person asked for my email straight away when I was just asking for more information about the job before accepting.

The email looked legit and well written. I didn't open the attachments, deleted the email and blocked the address.

... See more
Hi guys,

I am glad I found this thread to help me make my mind about a job offer I just received from that company.

I got approached on Facebook through one of these remote work pages and I just got suspicious when the person asked for my email straight away when I was just asking for more information about the job before accepting.

The email looked legit and well written. I didn't open the attachments, deleted the email and blocked the address.

Here is the email address used: [email protected]

I thought you might want to add it to the other addresses already reported even though I guess they can create as many as they want.

Regards,
Davide
Collapse

Junhui Park
Junhui Park  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:02
Member (2005)
English to Korean
+ ...
24translate is a scam May 4, 2018

Reliable Words is a scam. 24translate.net is a scam too. This is a company in Palestine, they contacted us to translate Korean to English for $1,400 and paid only $400, and haven't paid for a year now. [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] were involved. These companies go ... See more
Reliable Words is a scam. 24translate.net is a scam too. This is a company in Palestine, they contacted us to translate Korean to English for $1,400 and paid only $400, and haven't paid for a year now. [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] were involved. These companies go around getting free translation and they think that is the way to be successful. Then they change company name, too. Don't translate for them.Collapse

Sofia Gutkin
Sofia Gutkin  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 03:02
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
They're still trying to scam new translators Oct 6, 2018

Just got this email (it appears identical to the one MichaelFreelanc posted in March 2018):

Hello,
I am Soad Qeshta, a project manager, at 24translate Company.
I am seeking for translators at this moment who can provide a good quality of translation or proofreading service for a long term collaboration.
What is your la
... See more
Just got this email (it appears identical to the one MichaelFreelanc posted in March 2018):

Hello,
I am seeking for translators at this moment who can provide a good quality of translation or proofreading service for a long term collaboration.
Could you possibly tell me your Skype ID for easier communication?
Can you send your CV?
Thanks.
Regards,
Soad Qeshta | Project Manager

SCAM ALERT! The email address they used was [email protected]. Obviously, a serious translation company would NOT be using a Gmail account.
Collapse

Tamara Yurovskaya

Oleg Lozinskiy
Oleg Lozinskiy  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:02
Member (2012)
English to Russian
+ ...
Same thing in my case Oct 6, 2018

Hello,
What is your lang
... See more
Hello,
Could you possibly tell me your Skype ID for easier communication?
Can you send your CV?
Thanks.
Regards,
Soad Qeshta | Project Manager

Contact info of the 24translate Germany GmbH & Co. KG
Straßenbahnring 19 a, 20251 Hamburg
Tel.: +49 (0)40 480 632-0
Fax: +49 (0) 40 480 632-20
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.24translate.de
https://www.24translate.de/en/contact/
Collapse

Tamara Yurovskaya
Tamara Yurovskaya
Bulgaria
Russian to Bulgarian
+ ...
Very strange Sep 9, 2020

I have just received a request via WhatsApp from Shaima, who claims to be a project manager at 24translate.net. I asked her to provide me more info about the company and the project. But the answer was sent from [email protected]. I refused to work with them and now they are trying to prove me that they are not scammers

Mark Harris
Mark Harris
France
French to English
+ ...
They're still trying Oct 16, 2021

I too just received an unsolicited email from this "company". Almost certainly a scam. They want me to do a "test translation" with absolutely zero context. The email reads as follows:

Translation test

Hello dear, (😂)

Can you translate the attached file please?

The target language is Spanish.

Thank you and good luck!

Regards,
Yasmeen
Project manage
... See more
I too just received an unsolicited email from this "company". Almost certainly a scam. They want me to do a "test translation" with absolutely zero context. The email reads as follows:

Translation test

Hello dear, (😂)

Can you translate the attached file please?

The target language is Spanish.

Thank you and good luck!

Regards,
Yasmeen
Project manager.
24translate company
www.24translate.net

If anyone receives the same email I would suggest you ignore it.
Collapse

nekonote

Siva Naga Padmavathi Josyula
Siva Naga Padmavathi Josyula
India
Local time: 21:32
French to Telugu
+ ...
Received a similar mail today Nov 6, 2021

Hello Friends, I have received a similar mail today. I'm posting the mail content here. It appears that this agency hasn't stopped its activities. Thank you to all the fellow translators for posting your experiences, so that all the other translators could be warned. Thank you, Regards, Padmavathi.

Mail Details:

Best translator

Dear,

Please find a file for the English>Hindi translation, proofreading and
quality assurance reviews of th
... See more
Hello Friends, I have received a similar mail today. I'm posting the mail content here. It appears that this agency hasn't stopped its activities. Thank you to all the fellow translators for posting your experiences, so that all the other translators could be warned. Thank you, Regards, Padmavathi.

Mail Details:

Best translator

Dear,

Please find a file for the English>Hindi translation, proofreading and
quality assurance reviews of the 889 phrases contained in the sheet
"Full Content", Column E, in the file "31020EN_Culture Survey - Core
Content 11-2-2021.xlsx".

Instructions:

1) Add the translation in column F directly to the right of the text
in red in column E. Please make sure that the translation of each row
of text corresponds exactly to the row of text in English. In other
words, the translation of each row of English should be in the
corresponding row right next to it.

2) Please do not remove filters or unhide rows.

3) Please do not re-sort the rows.

4) The content will include some types of text THAT SHOULD NOT BE ALTERED:

a) Text which contains HTML tags for breaks, bolding etc. (e.g.,
)
b) Text which contains special characters (e.g., "°" for the degree symbol)
c) Text which contains variables for substitution (e.g., #part_first_name#).

If any of the above are changed or deleted, the text containing them
will not appear correctly.

5) For multi-byte languages (e.g., Chinese or Japanese) please be sure
to use Unicode characters, and do not use any specially encoded fonts.

6) Some text appears in multiple places. We need translations filled
in for every item. For these duplicates you may copy/paste.

7) Translations must be supplied for ALL text provided in the extract.
You may feel that some of the text to translate does not apply to your
specific project but this text may be used under rare scenarios.

8) If you do any editing in Word or Excel, please turn "smart quotes"
off. Smart quotes are the forward and backward quotes that Word
automatically puts in your document. They are special characters and
do not always display well.
To disable "smart quotes":

In MS Word
a. Select Tools, Autocorrect from the Menu.
b. Select the "AutoFormat as you type" tab.
c. In the second section, unselect "replace straight quotes with smart quotes"

In MS Excel
a. Select Tools, Autocorrect from the Menu.
b. Unselect the "Replace text as you type" checkbox.

9) The translation is needed by 12 noon EDT on Monday November 8th,
2021 or as soon as possible before that. Please confirm.

Thank you!

Regards,
Yasmeen
Project manager.
24translate company
www.24translate.net

[Edited at 2021-11-06 06:35 GMT]
Collapse

nekonote

giramel
giramel  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:02
English to Japanese
+ ...
Got an email out of the blue. Nov 22, 2021

Hi,
This is the content of the email I received from someone alleging to be from 24 Translate, but using a gmail address:
----

Dear translator,
I request you to cooperate with me in proofreading the translation of a short test from English into Japanese, and I want proofreading from the Japanese language, and I expect that we will have a paid future cooperation.
I hope for a quick positive reply soon
OLA
24 Translate... See more
Hi,
This is the content of the email I received from someone alleging to be from 24 Translate, but using a gmail address:
----

Dear translator,
I request you to cooperate with me in proofreading the translation of a short test from English into Japanese, and I want proofreading from the Japanese language, and I expect that we will have a paid future cooperation.
OLA
24 Translate
---

It came with an Excel file attached to it. I daren't click on the file just in case it's full or bugs!
I'm glad I looked the company up in Proz and found this thread, it put my mind at peace
Collapse

nekonote

nekonote
nekonote  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 01:02
Member (2009)
English to Japanese
+ ...
me too received a rude email from them Nov 23, 2021

Got the similar email which sounds rude and blunt, requesting 'a short test' out of the blue under the name of cooperation, EXPECTING the future cooperation as well.

Below email sender used gmail as they are banned from this site, but clearly they're still willing to deceive people. This is obviously to save proofreading fee, making someone work for free.

They use 'we translation' to disguise and deceive the email sorting system, I suppose.
Senders address: We Tra
... See more
Got the similar email which sounds rude and blunt, requesting 'a short test' out of the blue under the name of cooperation, EXPECTING the future cooperation as well.

Below email sender used gmail as they are banned from this site, but clearly they're still willing to deceive people. This is obviously to save proofreading fee, making someone work for free.

They use 'we translation' to disguise and deceive the email sorting system, I suppose.
Senders address: We Translation

Dear translator,
I request you to cooperate with me in proofreading the translation of a short test from English into Japanese, and I want proofreading from the Japanese language, and I expect that we will have a future cooperation
OLA
24 Translate

[Edited at 2021-11-23 01:15 GMT]
Collapse

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:02
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I got this request from them today Jan 28, 2022

Hello Sir/Madam,

Hope you are fine ,

We have a project for you

Since I don't know your translation skills yet, I propose to start with a rate of €2.5 per 100 words.

If you agree, we will send you a test to be returned quickly.

If this test is approved, we will send you administrative documents to sign and you will be included in our database.

I await your approval before sending you the test.

Hayley Wakenshaw
Hayley Wakenshaw  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:02
Member (2018)
Dutch to English
Are these the same people? Nov 9, 2022

I got an email today with two .docx files attached from [email protected].

I'm fully booked right now and said no, but I wouldn't take work from an agency using a gmail or Hotmail address anyway. The email looks to be from 24Translate.net or WeTranslate. I wouldn't trust an agency that can't decide on a name either. Here's the text of the email:
... See more
I got an email today with two .docx files attached from [email protected].

I'm fully booked right now and said no, but I wouldn't take work from an agency using a gmail or Hotmail address anyway. The email looks to be from 24Translate.net or WeTranslate. I wouldn't trust an agency that can't decide on a name either. Here's the text of the email:

Hello,
I have a Dutch-to-English proofreading project, and I want to verify and proofread the translation, and the original text is the Dutch file, and what I need to check and review is the English text, and I hope to preserve the file format. ?! I got your account from searching online. Please do not start before receiving confirmation of start please, and I hope not to be disturbed by my communication with you or to be considered a misleading message. And please send your WhatsApp upon approval for ease of communication.

I hope for a positive reply soon please?!
Ola

24 Translate

www.24translate.net
Collapse

Jacob de Wilde

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Still active (if it is the same agency) Feb 23, 2023

On Tuesday 21 feb. 2023 22:39 I received the following (G)mail from world translator :
Are you available

My answer:
Who is asking?

Their answer:
My name is Yasmin from 24translate company .
I need a translator who can do post-editing jobs from Dutch to Spanish. Are you free at the moment ?

In case you are interested in this mini-assignment, the post-editing would be done in this Studio package.
On delivery, you give me a ret
... See more
On Tuesday 21 feb. 2023 22:39 I received the following (G)mail from world translator :
Are you available

My answer:
Who is asking?

Their answer:
My name is Yasmin from 24translate company .
I need a translator who can do post-editing jobs from Dutch to Spanish. Are you free at the moment ?

In case you are interested in this mini-assignment, the post-editing would be done in this Studio package.
On delivery, you give me a return package

Glad I found this thread. As far as I can figure out, they are based in Palestine. Needless to say that I am NOT available.

[Edited at 2023-02-23 11:57 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

24Translate.net. Reliable company?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »