Émilie Mercier
Émilie Mercier
France
Local time: 18:08
English to French
+ ...
May 27, 2020

Hello everybody,

I am experiencing difficulties with SDL Trados 2019.

Until recently, I worked with English, German and French. I would like to add Portuguese (I have the Freelance version, and 5 languages are allowed, so so far so good).

I read in the SDL guide that to reconfigure the working languages you need to: return the license, uninstall the software, reinstall it and then reactivate the license. Then, the panel "choice of languages" is supposed to
... See more
Hello everybody,

I am experiencing difficulties with SDL Trados 2019.

Until recently, I worked with English, German and French. I would like to add Portuguese (I have the Freelance version, and 5 languages are allowed, so so far so good).

I read in the SDL guide that to reconfigure the working languages you need to: return the license, uninstall the software, reinstall it and then reactivate the license. Then, the panel "choice of languages" is supposed to be displayed when the software is restarted.

I literally followed this procedure + I cleared my computer of all traces of the software before I reinstalled it + I restarted my computer between each uninstallation/installation to make sure that everything was done correctly, and... Nothing! This "choice of languages" panel has never appeared.

If I want to create a new project, when setting up languages, I can choose English, German or French (and variations), but no other languages are available to me in the list.

I tried to see if I could set up my working languages differently, but it seems not. Maybe I'm missing something?

I do not know if this is a bug, or if I am the bug... u.u'

Has anyone ever encountered this problem before?

Thank you for your help!
Collapse

Émilie Mercier
Émilie Mercier
France
Local time: 18:08
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It was a real bug (and it is fixed)! May 27, 2020

Okay, problem solved!

It was not a handling mistake on my part, but a small bug, and the support was able to solve it really quick.

I do not want to erase this post just in case someone encounters the same problem: you can open a case and SDL support will help you

Bye!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2019: impossible to add a new source language

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »