Where is target consistency check in Wordfast 4?
Thread poster: sashafan2
sashafan2
sashafan2
Local time: 21:21
English to Russian
May 9, 2016

Where is target consistency check in Wordfast 4? I can't find it in transcheck options. Is it no longer available? If so, why?

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 12:21
Project Transcheck May 9, 2016

You can find the Consistency check after opening a project and selecting Project Transcheck option. This is the last check and it is called Consistency Check which should enable both source and target consistency check.

Thank you,

John

sashafan2 wrote:

Where is target consistency check in Wordfast 4? I can't find it in transcheck options. Is it no longer available? If so, why?

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:21
Member (2006)
French to English
In progress May 10, 2016

Dear sashafan2,

There is a development ticket for this and it will be added soon. I will update this thread once this feature has been added.

Kind regards,

John

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Consistency check is available May 10, 2016

One of our developers just informed me that we do have consistency check, but it is at the Project level. You need to run Transcheck from the Current Project View and not the TXLF Editor.

Nevertheless, there is a ticket to add it to Transcheck from the TXLF Editor view.

Kind regards,
John

sashafan2
sashafan2
Local time: 21:21
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! May 10, 2016

Thank you for your reply! I was looking for consistency check in the Preferences > Transcheck menu and was surprised that it's not there.

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Consistency check? Sep 4, 2017

John Di Rico wrote:

Nevertheless, there is a ticket to add it to Transcheck from the TXLF Editor view.

Just following up on this John. Any progress?

Thanks!

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
None, sorry Sep 4, 2017

Hi DJ,
Not yet, there are several other priorities before this. Does Transcheck from the project level not work for you for some reason?
Kind regards,
John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where is target consistency check in Wordfast 4?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »