How do you make sure a translation stays in Wordfast Pro 5.1?
Thread poster: Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:25
German to English
Aug 25, 2017

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Often, when I close a file I've been translating, the last segment I translated just vanishes. The next time I open it up, it appears as an empty segment or a suggested but wrong translation, and I have to spot the problem and put the correct translation back in.

I've taken to saving the file, verifying segments and Committing All multiple times as I'm afraid WF is going to undo one of my translations and it will slip through unnoticed. But even wh
... See more
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Often, when I close a file I've been translating, the last segment I translated just vanishes. The next time I open it up, it appears as an empty segment or a suggested but wrong translation, and I have to spot the problem and put the correct translation back in.

I've taken to saving the file, verifying segments and Committing All multiple times as I'm afraid WF is going to undo one of my translations and it will slip through unnoticed. But even when I do all those things before closing the document, segments still vanish. Is there some way to permanently commit segments so that they stay there? A "Yes, Really Commit All" button that I've missed?
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:25
Member (2006)
French to English
Maybe a bug Aug 26, 2017

Hi Anne,
I think I saw a bug report about this but thought it was fixed in 5.1. Are you using the latest version? Can you submit this feedback via the Help tab > Feedback icon? Someone from the development team with more knowledge about this will get back to you.

Kind regards,
John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you make sure a translation stays in Wordfast Pro 5.1?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »