话题中的页数:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
How quick is too quick when it comes to test translations?
论题张贴者: Karahan Sisman
Elena Volkova
Elena Volkova  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 20:36
English英语译成Russian俄语
+ ...
Why not just hand it back? Jul 25, 2013

I have been following this discussion with curiousity and one question that sprang to my mind was: since the OP is an established translator with this agency, i.e. has proven their quality time and time again, why didn't the PM suggest that the OP takes more time if she is concerned with quality?

"I note that you only took 30 minutes to complete the translation. As you know this is a very important test for a potential new client so we are looking for the best quality of the end pro
... See more
I have been following this discussion with curiousity and one question that sprang to my mind was: since the OP is an established translator with this agency, i.e. has proven their quality time and time again, why didn't the PM suggest that the OP takes more time if she is concerned with quality?

"I note that you only took 30 minutes to complete the translation. As you know this is a very important test for a potential new client so we are looking for the best quality of the end product as well as high speed of delivery. I know that your work has always been very good but I would ask that you go over the test again, just to be sure, since there is plenty of time".

That's what I would do. But I am not that PM. Anyway, clearly this is a case where both parties believe that they are right and correct in their actions. So the best solution for the OP is to put it behind, think about what they want to achieve for the future and act accordingly.

[Edited at 2013-07-25 13:23 GMT]
Collapse

Karahan Sisman
Karahan Sisman  Identity Verified
土耳其
Local time: 22:36
正式会员 (自2010)
English英语译成Turkish土耳其语
主题发起人
I have some news Aug 6, 2013

First of all, sorry for my late reply everyone, but I've been pretty busy lately.

I sent another e-mail to her, asking for any news about my test piece and here's her reply:

Hi Karahan

I'm afraid we couldn't get your file proofread as we didn't send it to the client and we haven't heard from the client yet anyway.

I'm sure you will hear form another PM at some point for future work.

Have a nice day.

So, basically, s
... See more
First of all, sorry for my late reply everyone, but I've been pretty busy lately.

I sent another e-mail to her, asking for any news about my test piece and here's her reply:

Hi Karahan

I'm afraid we couldn't get your file proofread as we didn't send it to the client and we haven't heard from the client yet anyway.

I'm sure you will hear form another PM at some point for future work.

Have a nice day.

So, basically, she's telling me that she didn't take my test into consideration (although she had said she would).
Collapse

话题中的页数:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How quick is too quick when it comes to test translations?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »