English to French
+ ...
Mar 3, 2009

Hi, I need an online collaborative tool, that:

- is PHP SQL based

- displays strings separately

- differentiates translator and proofreader

- warns me of untranslated strings.

Sorry, maybe this question was already answered, but I definitely don't have time to read all the threads here.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:18
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Online CAT Mar 3, 2009

There are lots of on-line CAT, but usually you don't know what kind of programming language they are built with. Try Across. But if you have no time reading the fora you'll have a hard ride putting any new software into use and to your advantage.
Regards
Heinrich

Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:18
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanx but not Across Mar 4, 2009

Thanks Heinrich for this quick answer

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
There are lots of on-line CAT, but usually you don't know what kind of programming language they are built with.

What kind of programming language they are built with, I may not always know, although it's usually revealed on their websites. But what kind of language they require, I always know by going to their websites and reading the requirements section.

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
Try Across.

Thank you but no. For the following reasons:

1) Across server is not PHP/MySQL, and I specified I needed PHP/MySQL

2) Across server requires Windows as a server OS. By talking of a CMS and specifying PHP/MySQL, I "obviously" meant something that can be installed on any server, especially Apache on Unix of course

3) By specifying that the cms must display the strings separately, I "obviously" implied that there are fields that are editable online, just in a web browser, without installing additional client software.

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
But if you have no time reading the fora you'll have a hard ride putting any new software into use and to your advantage.

I do regret that, but it just happens that I am working now, there are hundreds of threads and no stickers. Reading Proz fora would require me stopping my work for quite a few hours.

I am also already able to install any PHP/MySQL system, provided the server meets the requirements of course. Using it quickly and conveniently after install can be more tricky, I fully agree with you about that. But then there are specific users' forums on almost all CMSs' websites.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software strings PHP/SQL CMS

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »