Thread poster: Susanne Evens
Susanne Evens
Susanne Evens  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:56
German to English
+ ...
Jan 14, 2004

Translated text in Microsoft Word with Trados and client is having problems converting text into Robohelp. Once they input it, either their system crashes or the text is all messed up.
Does anybody have any input for me?

Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:56
German to English
Client's problem!? Jan 16, 2004

SHendry wrote:

Translated text in Microsoft Word with Trados and client is having problems converting text into Robohelp. Once they input it, either their system crashes or the text is all messed up.

If the file was properly cleaned up and delivered as a normal Word file, I don't see what the problem may be. I have worked with RoboHelp in a number of ways: authoring in RoboHelp, authoring in Word and converting to RoboHelp, translating in RoboHelp, translating RoboHelp files in an editor (such as TagEditor), but I have never exported text to Word, translated, and converted back again, so I'm a bit lost there. May it be your client's configuration or error causing the problem?

mmsloboda (X)
mmsloboda (X)
Local time: 03:56
What did you translate? Jan 25, 2004

Too late to do much now, but check the following:
Make sure they did NOT translate the #, +, ! and A footnotes. These shouldn't be touched.
Also, Trados and the Robo template don't get along very well, so before you send these docs to translators, move to a Normal.dot template, and then switch back later. Hope this helps.

SHendry wrote:

HZ
HZ
Russian to English
Robohelp and language support Aug 1, 2004

Mark, how do you manage with Japanese language? Robohelp uses 1252 code page, which also makes creating Russian help files rather difficult.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Robohelp Users - need input from users

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »