In MemoQ, how do I add a termbase in Resource console that I accidentially removed from the list?
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hongkong
Local time: 23:47
Lid 2009
Engels naar Zweeds
+ ...
May 1

I had the correct termbase in the list in Resource console in MemoQ, then accidentially removed it from the list. It's still there though in the same local location as before on my computer's hard drive. But there is no option for browsing to a local termbase and add it to my current project (or add it to Resource console). It can't be that once I've removed a termbase from Resource console, I cannot browse to it and add it again to MemoQ, can it?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spanje
Lid 2005
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Have you tried... May 1

I think the task you need is to "register" a resource. Can you try this?

https://helpcenter.memoq.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010267260-How-to-restore-or-add-a-TB-to-memoQ

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Rusland
Local time: 00:47
Engels naar Russisch
Register local May 1

Click 'Register local' in the lower right corner.

[Edited at 2024-05-01 14:20 GMT]

Fredrik Pettersson
Hongkong
Lid 2009
Engels naar Zweeds
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Register local is greyed out, so I cannot select it May 1

For some reason, that option is greyed out in Resource console/Termbases so that I cannot select it. There are two termbases in the list, and one is always blue marked (selected).

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Rusland
Local time: 00:47
Engels naar Russisch
My Computer May 1

Make sure that My Computer is selected in the Server URL field.
If it is My Computer already, click Manage logins and try to select Forget server completely.

[Edited at 2024-05-01 14:45 GMT]

Fredrik Pettersson
Hongkong
Lid 2009
Engels naar Zweeds
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Windows or background tasks connecting to the server May 1

Yes, I changed from a server URL that is selected as default each time I open Resource console to My Computer.

Now I tried your suggestion with Manage logins and Forget server completely. But then this message popped up:

Cannot delete login
You have windows or background tasks connecting to server xxx.com as username yyy. You need to close all windows connecting to server xxx and wait until background tasks finish (or cancel these tasks) before you can remove this
... See more
Yes, I changed from a server URL that is selected as default each time I open Resource console to My Computer.

Now I tried your suggestion with Manage logins and Forget server completely. But then this message popped up:

Cannot delete login
You have windows or background tasks connecting to server xxx.com as username yyy. You need to close all windows connecting to server xxx and wait until background tasks finish (or cancel these tasks) before you can remove this login from the list.

For above server, status is Active. For the three other servers in the list, status is Inactive. I normally only work for the customer with that server that is Active, but last project for them using their server URL was one and a half month ago.

I have no idea what these background tasks are about or the reason why they are active now, one and a half month after I completed my last job for this customer.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In MemoQ, how do I add a termbase in Resource console that I accidentially removed from the list?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »