Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you use voice recognition software for your projects?
Автор темы: ProZ.com Staff
Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Италия
Local time: 18:29
итальянский => английский
Памяти
DNS is not appropriate for my workflow May 31, 2011

I like to type out a first draft of my translations to make sure that I have the basic notional content of the text nailed.

The next stage is printing the draft and reading it out loud to ensure that the rhythm and prosody are right. When I have dictated first drafts, I have found that some of the nuances of the original were lost.

Obviously, there are other approaches to translation but I have never found DNS or similar programs to be of any practical use.

Miroslav Jeftic
Miroslav Jeftic  Identity Verified
Член ProZ.com c 2009
английский => сербский
+ ...
No May 31, 2011

Sadly, there's no support for my target language, otherwise I would use it daily

Gudrun Maydorn (X)
Gudrun Maydorn (X)  Identity Verified
Германия
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Yes Jun 1, 2011

I have used DNS for 2 years now and must admit that it does take a lot of time to train the programme. Meticulous proofreading is also necessary to pick up any misrecognised words.

Initially I thought that I couldn't really spare the time to train DNS, but voice recognition has taken a lot of strain off my arms and hands, so it is worth it - for me anyway. Sometimes I also use it in combination with Wordfast.

Gudrun

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you use voice recognition software for your projects?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »