Thread poster: Kimberley Jurawan
Kimberley Jurawan
Kimberley Jurawan
Local time: 11:23
Member (2023)
French to English
+ ...
Apr 11

Just got this email whose title line suggests it's Transperfect but it's not- don't fall for it...

"I hope this email finds you well. My name is Bently Anderson, and I am reaching out to you on behalf of Trasperfect Translation Company. We recently came across your contact information on ATANET.ORG and were impressed by your profile.

We are currently looking for talented individuals who have the skills and availability to handle a new translation project. Your experienc
... See more
Just got this email whose title line suggests it's Transperfect but it's not- don't fall for it...

"I hope this email finds you well. My name is Bently Anderson, and I am reaching out to you on behalf of Trasperfect Translation Company. We recently came across your contact information on ATANET.ORG and were impressed by your profile.

We are currently looking for talented individuals who have the skills and availability to handle a new translation project. Your experience and expertise in the field caught our attention, and we believe you would be a valuable addition to our team.

If you are interested and available to take on this new project, we would like to discuss the details further and provide you with more information about the scope of work, timelines, and compensation.

Please let us know at your earliest convenience if you are open to collaborating with us on this project. We are excited about the possibility of working with you and are confident that your contributions will greatly benefit our team.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and discussing this opportunity in more detail. Thank you for considering this partnership with Trasperfect Translation Company.

Best regards,

Bently Anderson
Trasperfect Translation Company"
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Levi Aroh
expressisverbis

anna sudano
anna sudano  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
it happened to me too, pretending to be from Lionbridge team Apr 11

Hi Kimberly
Really funny, yesterday I receveid the same email text from Nathaniel Patricia, pretending to be in the Lionbridge team

"I hope this email finds you well. My name is Nathaniel Patricia, and I am part of the team at Lionbridge Company. We are currently in search of a skilled translator to assist us with a new translation project, and we came across your profile on the website translatorpub.com.

We are impressed with your experience and expertise in tran
... See more
Hi Kimberly
Really funny, yesterday I receveid the same email text from Nathaniel Patricia, pretending to be in the Lionbridge team

"I hope this email finds you well. My name is Nathaniel Patricia, and I am part of the team at Lionbridge Company. We are currently in search of a skilled translator to assist us with a new translation project, and we came across your profile on the website translatorpub.com.

We are impressed with your experience and expertise in translation, and we believe that you would be a valuable addition to our project. Before we proceed further, we would like to inquire about your availability and whether you would be interested in collaborating with us. If you are open to taking on a new project, we would love to discuss the details with you and provide more information about the project requirements. You can find out more about Lionbridge Company and the services we offer by visiting our website at lionbridge.com"

I googled the name but there weren't any link between the name of this girl and Lionbridge, also she has a gmail account without any reference of Lionbridge. I didn't lost my time more than this 5 minutes for this search, beware!
Collapse

expressisverbis

William Tierney
William Tierney  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
Arabic to English
Rock Bottom Apr 11

You know the industry has hit rock bottom when people want to impersonate TP and Lionsbridge,

Zea_Mays
Christopher Schröder
Yolanda Broad
Angus Stewart
patransword
Dan Lucas

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:23
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
. Apr 12

Lots of people seem impressed by my profile lately. After 40 years, I’m… impressed!

Ana Vozone
Ana Vozone  Identity Verified
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Transperfect impersonator - This is the latest one... Apr 15

Received a few days ago:

"Dear Mrs Ana Vozone

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Maira Joseph and I represent Transperfect global services. We are currently in need of translation services for a new project and after thorough research, we came across your profile on iti.org.uk

We were impressed by your experience and expertise in translation services, which align perfectly with the requirements of our project. We are reaching out to inquire about
... See more
Received a few days ago:

"Dear Mrs Ana Vozone

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Maira Joseph and I represent Transperfect global services. We are currently in need of translation services for a new project and after thorough research, we came across your profile on iti.org.uk

We were impressed by your experience and expertise in translation services, which align perfectly with the requirements of our project. We are reaching out to inquire about your availability and interest in collaborating with us for this project.

The project will involve translating a 100 pages story from English to your local language. we are looking for a dedicated professional who can deliver high-quality translations within the specified timeline.

If you are available and interested in working with us, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with the following information:
1. Your availability for the project
2. Your rates for translation services
3. Any specific experience or qualifications that make you a suitable candidate for this project

We are keen on establishing a long-term working relationship with a reliable and competent translator, and we believe that you could be the perfect fit for our requirements.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or require further clarification regarding the project. We are looking forward to the opportunity to collaborate with you and benefit from your expertise.

Thank you for considering our proposal. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards,

Maira Joseph
project manager
Transperfect global services
"

Their email:

My first reply (I was curious to see their response...):

Hi, Maira, nice to hear from you. Thank you for contacting me.
Please send me the link to your company, as well as your phone number. I would like to hear more about your project.
Thanks

Their response:

Thanks for your response,kindly reach out via telegram for more information

https://t.me/Mairajosi

Best Regards.

My response:
I do not have or use Telegram.
Please send me your website details and a proper phone number.
Thanks

No more contact since then, obviously.
Collapse

expressisverbis

Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Very dark humor indeed Apr 21

The thought of someone trying to pull off a scam by pretending to be Transperfect leaves me gasping for air….

Jorge Payan
expressisverbis

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Another Lionbridge impersonator Apr 29

Another one [this time is a Davis charlie (sic)] pretending to be from Lionbridge that was impressed by my profile…

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Tras(h)perfect Apr 29

Kimberley Jurawan wrote:

I look forward to hearing from you soon and discussing this opportunity in more detail. Thank you for considering this partnership with Trasperfect Translation Company.

Best regards,

Bently Anderson
Trasperfect Translation Company"

Yes, put it in the trash... where it deserves.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pretending to be Transperfect- Bently Anderson email

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »