Stefan Hofmeister  Identity Verified
Urugwaj
Local time: 20:13
Członek ProZ.com
od 2008

angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
I'd recommend a combination Nov 29, 2013

I have a Galaxy S4 Active (after my S3 broke in a thunderstorm) and combine it with my laptop, if I'm not in office for more than some hours. Using "Tethering" you can connect your laptop to the internet wherever you are in the world and do some work there. So I've got a kind of worldwide office. If the S4 is too expensive, you could also use a cheaper mobile for that, of course!

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Tajwan
Local time: 07:13
angielski > włoski
+ ...
Big screens rule Nov 29, 2013

I can't do work on any smartphone without a big screen. I am using a Galaxy Note II. I don't use the stylus much but the big screen allows me to provide answers to terminology queries, small translations on the fly etc. Something you don't do easily on small screens.
Due to privacy issues (Google platform) and too much advertising and safety concerns (You don't actually know who, what and how Android software is actually using access rights on your phone) i am now considering a Windows Ph
... See more
I can't do work on any smartphone without a big screen. I am using a Galaxy Note II. I don't use the stylus much but the big screen allows me to provide answers to terminology queries, small translations on the fly etc. Something you don't do easily on small screens.
Due to privacy issues (Google platform) and too much advertising and safety concerns (You don't actually know who, what and how Android software is actually using access rights on your phone) i am now considering a Windows Phone (Nokia 1520). I have seen it and tried it last week and it's gorgeous. I need some more testing to see if it allows me to work properly or whether it's just another "stretched screen" mobile.
To date, the best phone i have had out of 10 or 15 i owned is the Galaxy Note II, despite the cheap plastics etc.
Collapse

Stron w wątku:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best smartphone(s) for translators - suggestions needed

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »