Auteur du fil: Pradeep Neupane
Pradeep Neupane
Pradeep Neupane  Identity Verified
Membre (2013)
anglais vers népali/népalais/pahari
+ ...
Jun 21, 2010

Dear all:

I have just started learning about subtitling. I have just download Subtitle workshop Beta as my frends told. For practice purpose i need some sample files so that i can do practice on it.

Friends waiting for your reply....

Regards,
Pradeep Neupane

Meera Rotti

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Pays-Bas
Local time: 09:32
Membre (2006)
anglais vers afrikaans
+ ...
SRT files Jun 21, 2010

Pradeep Neupane wrote:
I have just started learning about subtitling. I have just download Subtitle workshop Beta as my frends told. For practice purpose i need some sample files so that i can do practice on it.

Search for SRT files. This is a simple subtitle format. If you have VLC Player, simply put the video file and the SRT file in the same folder, and give them the same name (except for the file extension). If you play the video, the subtitles will appear.

If you want to practice, why not translate Hunt for Gollum into your language? It is a free film that you can download from YouTube, and the subtitles are available on various places on the web:

http://www.allsubs.org/search-subtitle/The%20Hunt%20for%20Gollum%20en/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H09xnhlCQU (you need an Youtube ripper)

Marcelet GEFFRARD

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

need sample file for subtitling practice

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »