Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith
Laurence B
Laurence B
Canada
Local time: 16:00
English to French
Solution for those getting this error message when trying to save Jun 15, 2016

Hi,

I got a similar message when trying to save the files I was working on in Studio 2015 (exact wording was: "Multiple tags with same ID ‘XX’ have different start tag properties").

I had opened all four sdlxliff files of my project using QuickMerge. Three of the files were .docx, but the fourth one was a .doc. Turns out that was the problem. As soon as I closed the files and opened the .doc separately from the .docx, I stopped getting the error message and could sa
... See more
Hi,

I got a similar message when trying to save the files I was working on in Studio 2015 (exact wording was: "Multiple tags with same ID ‘XX’ have different start tag properties").

I had opened all four sdlxliff files of my project using QuickMerge. Three of the files were .docx, but the fourth one was a .doc. Turns out that was the problem. As soon as I closed the files and opened the .doc separately from the .docx, I stopped getting the error message and could save my files.

Hope this helps someone else!
Collapse

Writec Srl
Writec Srl
Italy
Local time: 22:00
English to Italian
+ ...
Same error while analyzing the files Sep 1, 2016

Hi, same error here with SDL Trados 2011

I analyzed a MadCap Flare project for a new language combination and it gave me the same error.
Unfortunately I manage hundreds of HTM merged files.

I tried without merging them and I got the error exactly on some files.
I opened the original .HTM files in Notepad (source text is in English) but I cannot see any strange issue. I've 97 files with error

Any idea?

Arianne Farah
Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:00
Member (2008)
English to French
Nora your post from 2012 saved me today! Oct 28, 2021

Nora Diaz wrote:

This is still unresolved, and I keep seeing random files throw this error, but I just wanted to add here that I've been able to identify footnotes, specifically "Page X of Y" footnotes as being the source of the problem.

When I delete this from the original or pre-segmented file, the error goes away.

I was retrofitting a review that I had to do in target since I was checking punctuation in lists and clauses and really needed context for that. I got this error in Studio 2021. I rejected the changes in the footnotes and tried the retrofit again and it solved the problem!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error: multiple tags with same id

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »