Trados 2019: regex fails in Find and Replace
Thread poster: Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
Local time: 19:46
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Lesson learned: it doesn't work because my "Search what" isn't optimized, right? Oct 25, 2021

I tried the suggestions above though, and it still keeps plugging in "$1" etc. while mQ plugs in what I want with the same regex. That's right then, the problem is not about Trados, it's about the fact that I'm stupid. Maybe the Hungarians have written mQ to accommodate the stupidity factor. I'll keep doing it the old-fashioned way while using some regex for search. The thread should be closed now because the likes of me won't profit from good advice

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 18:46
German to English
+ ...
Incorrectly inserted $1, etc. Oct 26, 2021

If $1, etc. are being inserted "in toto", this would seem to indicate that they are not being interpreted as capture groups. This, in turn, would seem to indicate that the $ is not being recognised as an ASCII $. Is it possible that some other dollar glyph (from some other character set) is being used?

Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the suggestion Oct 26, 2021

Anthony Rudd wrote:

Is it possible that some other dollar glyph (from some other character set) is being used?

I tried using the character produced by Alt+036 (which was supposed to give me the ASCII character), but it still worked as expected (albeit not as desired)

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Need to update Oct 26, 2021

You just need to update Trados. Most probably you use SR1. What version do you use? You can see the version by clicking Help - About Trados Studio, line 1: Trados Studio 2019 SR1 - 15....

Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It is SR1 Oct 26, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

You just need to update Trados. Most probably you use SR1

I have my Trados 'as is' from my employer, so there's no such a thing as regular updates (and no admin rights to install anything, got to contact the IT). And it makes little sense to buy my own for home use because I work full-time. Maybe there's another version on the server, I'll see

Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Known bug Oct 26, 2021

Btw, here is a discussion that explains the issue.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2019: regex fails in Find and Replace

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »