Thread poster: Serena Marangoni
Serena Marangoni
Serena Marangoni  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:59
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 5, 2022

I have a job that i will do as MT post editing, but i first need to have the machine translation entered into the segments. I do the Pre-translation batch operation and select "Use MT when no translation is found" but most segments are still empty when i open the file. As soon as i click on one the MT appears, but i would like to have it appear in all segments without my input.

Is it not possible?

I forgot to mention that I'm using Studio 2021.

[Modificato alle
... See more
I have a job that i will do as MT post editing, but i first need to have the machine translation entered into the segments. I do the Pre-translation batch operation and select "Use MT when no translation is found" but most segments are still empty when i open the file. As soon as i click on one the MT appears, but i would like to have it appear in all segments without my input.

Is it not possible?

I forgot to mention that I'm using Studio 2021.

[Modificato alle 2022-02-05 13:01 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:59
English to Russian
Apply automated translation Feb 5, 2022

Go to your Project Settings and select the 'Apply automated translation' option. Don't forget to click OK to save your choice.
2022-02-05_193422Also try to set the Minimum match value to 70%.

[Edited at 2022-02-05 17:45 GMT]

expressisverbis

Daniel Hug
Daniel Hug
Germany
There is a workaround Feb 7, 2022

Hi Serena,

Stepan might remember this came up in the Trados forum a while ago, and I think it's a bug in Trados Studio:

(TLDR: Seems like fuzzy matches are not pre-translated by MT.)

The workaround is to deselect all TMs so that there are no fuzzy matches, then run the pre-translate batch task. This works reli
... See more
Hi Serena,

Stepan might remember this came up in the Trados forum a while ago, and I think it's a bug in Trados Studio:

(TLDR: Seems like fuzzy matches are not pre-translated by MT.)

The workaround is to deselect all TMs so that there are no fuzzy matches, then run the pre-translate batch task. This works reliably for me.
Daniel

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/29815/ca-5-of-segments-not-machine-translated-after-pre-translate-batch-task/127138#127138
Collapse

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pre-translation not working with MT

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »