Thread poster: Barbara Sisko
Barbara Sisko
Barbara Sisko
Croatia
Local time: 10:05
German to Croatian
+ ...
Feb 19, 2022

Hi guys! I recently got offered by an agency to translate a text using their sdl trados app with their login data via remote desktop (because I work with Mac and it seems to be the only way to connect to their server). After a lot of struggle I finally managed to download the remote desktop and their desktop app, but then it says I have to enter my "user account". Are the username and password sth I should get from the agency? I have tried every possible user name and password I have and nothing... See more
Hi guys! I recently got offered by an agency to translate a text using their sdl trados app with their login data via remote desktop (because I work with Mac and it seems to be the only way to connect to their server). After a lot of struggle I finally managed to download the remote desktop and their desktop app, but then it says I have to enter my "user account". Are the username and password sth I should get from the agency? I have tried every possible user name and password I have and nothing seems to be working....
I would be really grateful for your help. Thanks.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:05
English to Russian
Ask your client Feb 19, 2022

Basically when you buy an RWS product, you sign up with their system by providing your email and setting a password. Then you use those email and password to login. This is how it works with individuals. When I was an in-house translator in a company of 50+ translators, we had a single "point of contact" who kept the credentials. I used them to set up and activate Trados for my team mates and to download apps from the App Store. This is how it works with companies. In your case, I think you shou... See more
Basically when you buy an RWS product, you sign up with their system by providing your email and setting a password. Then you use those email and password to login. This is how it works with individuals. When I was an in-house translator in a company of 50+ translators, we had a single "point of contact" who kept the credentials. I used them to set up and activate Trados for my team mates and to download apps from the App Store. This is how it works with companies. In your case, I think you should ask your agency for credentials. They bought the product which means they have a registration entry with the RWS system. Most probably, they use concurrent licenses.Collapse

Roy Oestensen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

remote desktop user account details

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »