How to set min/max match value of the Term Recognition function of Termbase (Trados Studio 2021)
Thread poster: Massimiliano Sbenaglia
Massimiliano Sbenaglia
Massimiliano Sbenaglia  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:45
German to Italian
+ ...
Mar 5, 2022

Hi,
I'm trying to find out a way to avoid that the Term Recognition intercepts words from my segments and proposes terms which are very similar but still different from them.
I mean, for example:
If I have in the segment the german word "Zwischenablage", the Term Recognition may propose "Zwischenlage" (which means a completely different thing).
I that case I may misread. So I need that in the Term Recognition window appear only terms which are much more similar to the on
... See more
Hi,
I'm trying to find out a way to avoid that the Term Recognition intercepts words from my segments and proposes terms which are very similar but still different from them.
I mean, for example:
If I have in the segment the german word "Zwischenablage", the Term Recognition may propose "Zwischenlage" (which means a completely different thing).
I that case I may misread. So I need that in the Term Recognition window appear only terms which are much more similar to the ones I have in the segment, above all in projects where the Termbase is to be followed very strictly.

Thanks
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:45
English to Russian
Set to 100% Mar 5, 2022

Try setting this value to 100%.
2022-03-05_145152

Massimiliano Sbenaglia
Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Interesting setting Mar 6, 2022

Thanks Stepan, for pointing us to this setting.

I can confirm your advice.

Default matching percentage (70%, if I remember correctly):

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 09.00.02

Matching percentage changed to 100:

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 09.01.55

Some info from the Help:

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 09.01.35

Some additional questions:

• How can I change these tiny letters from the termbase to a legible size?
  • Doesn't offer Studio 2021 colour-coding for recognised source terms?

BTW: I don't know this in-word fuzzy matching from any other CAT tool. I can see advantages, but also, like the OP wrote, very big disadvantages.

[Edited at 2022-03-06 08:31 GMT]

Stepan Konev

AnnaSCHTR
AnnaSCHTR  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:45
English to Czech
+ ...
Changing fonts in termbase hits Mar 6, 2022

German-Dutch Engineering Translation wrote:

• How can I change these tiny letters from the termbase to a legible size?

[Edited at 2022-03-06 08:31 GMT]

• I just figured this one out. You need to right-click on one of the hits in the Termbase. In the "Hitlist settings", you can change fonts, their size and colors.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to set min/max match value of the Term Recognition function of Termbase (Trados Studio 2021)

TM-Town
    Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
    Protemos translation business management system
    Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »