Hanne Frederiksen
Hanne Frederiksen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 11:03
English to Danish
+ ...
Apr 8, 2022

Good morning everyone,

I am translating a file (23,000 words) in a Studio-package with around 18,000 repetitions – at least according to my customer’s analysis plus my own. Also, again according to the analyses, there are only a few fuzzy matches (less than 10). The strange thing is that as I translate, I encounter a large number of fuzzies (from 90-99%) – several thousands. Obviously, I cannot know whether this is taken from the number of new words (5,000), or repetitions, an
... See more
Good morning everyone,

I am translating a file (23,000 words) in a Studio-package with around 18,000 repetitions – at least according to my customer’s analysis plus my own. Also, again according to the analyses, there are only a few fuzzy matches (less than 10). The strange thing is that as I translate, I encounter a large number of fuzzies (from 90-99%) – several thousands. Obviously, I cannot know whether this is taken from the number of new words (5,000), or repetitions, and there is no way I can know – not even after completing the entire translation.

How can several analyses of the same file show such discrepancy? I will have to work harder for less money, the way I see it.

I tried to work my way around it, but with no luck. Even if I copy the column from Excel, paste it into a Word file and analyze, the result is the same.

I am using Studio 2014, and the package is generated (by the customer) from an Excel file.

At the moment, there seems to be no solution to this issue, so I truly hope that some can help me.
Collapse

Susan Murphy Lamprecht
Susan Murphy Lamprecht
Denmark
Member (2016)
English to Danish
Have you ever tried to look for help in the RWS Community for issues with Trados Studio? Apr 8, 2022

Hi Hanne

I cannot help you with solving your issue with Trados Studio, but have you considered looking for help in the RWS Community?.
They have a great site where various super users and experts might be able to help you. This community has helped me with solutions several times when I could not find out how to solve an issue with Trados Studio myself.
You can find the R
... See more
Hi Hanne

I cannot help you with solving your issue with Trados Studio, but have you considered looking for help in the RWS Community?.
They have a great site where various super users and experts might be able to help you. This community has helped me with solutions several times when I could not find out how to solve an issue with Trados Studio myself.
You can find the RWS Community here: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio.

Good luck with finding the right solution :0)

Best regards
Susan Murphy Lamprecht
Collapse

Jaime Oriard
Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:03
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Analysis settings Apr 8, 2022

Select "Report Internal Fuzzy Match Leverage" in the Analyze Files batch process settings. You can learn more here: https://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2015/03/06/fuzzy-matches/

Hope this helps

Hanne Frederiksen
Hanne Frederiksen  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 8, 2022

Hi Susan & Jaime,

Thank you very much to the both of you. I will look into both your suggestions straight away.

Hanne

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:03
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
penalties Apr 8, 2022

If Trados is labelling your 100% matches as 99%, I would try looking under the "penalties"

Home > Project Settings > All Language Pairs > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Penalties

Try changing the penalties for formatting etc from 1 to 0.

Arianne Farah

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fuzzy matches are counted as repetitions

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »