Lorenzo Rossi
Lorenzo Rossi  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 07:34
German to Italian
+ ...
Apr 11, 2022

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen

Since last Friday I have had the following problem: I cannot import Trados packages. When I try to do so, Trados sends me a message saying among other things "Access to the path /users/my name/documents/own images has been refused. Until last Thursday I did not have this problem and I have not made any changes to the settings.
How can I make sure that the Trados package is imported into the right path? It's very urgent because tomorrow I will receive
... See more

Since last Friday I have had the following problem: I cannot import Trados packages. When I try to do so, Trados sends me a message saying among other things "Access to the path /users/my name/documents/own images has been refused. Until last Thursday I did not have this problem and I have not made any changes to the settings.
How can I make sure that the Trados package is imported into the right path? It's very urgent because tomorrow I will receive other Trados files that need to be translated immediately.

Thank you very much
Collapse

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
IT department standard reply Apr 11, 2022

Ciao Lorenzo,
Have you tried rebooting? I had a similar issue last week and after restarting the PC it was fixed.

Chiara Santoriello
Chiara Santoriello  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Is the issues with all packages? Apr 11, 2022

Hi Lorenzo,
Are you experiencing this issue only with the packages coming from this customer?
I would try to check with an old package from another customer. Maybe the package name or the storage path are too long. In this case you can create a folder on your desktop to open the package.

Lorenzo Rossi wrote:

How can I make sure that the Trados package is imported into the right path? It's very urgent because tomorrow I will receive other Trados files that need to be translated immediately.

Thank you very much

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:34
English to Russian
Try this Apr 11, 2022

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000003066

Lorenzo Rossi

Lorenzo Rossi
Lorenzo Rossi  Identity Verified
Switzerland
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 12, 2022

Thank you Stepan
I could solve the problem and now Trados is working perfectly.
Thank you also to Chiara and Elena.

Have a very nice day

Lorenzo Rossi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to import Trados packages: help needed

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »