Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:10
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 11, 2022

Hey Trados people, this mediocre tool of yours has some serious issues with autocomplete. Once in a while it misses altogether and I need to go back and re-type the blank at the end for my abbreviation to expand, and forget about capitalization, it always comes out all in lowercase regardless. Can we fix this?

memoQ works like a charm on this issue, like at everything else.

How this Trados piece of junk has such a market share, it goes beyond me. Snake oil marketing, pr
... See more
Hey Trados people, this mediocre tool of yours has some serious issues with autocomplete. Once in a while it misses altogether and I need to go back and re-type the blank at the end for my abbreviation to expand, and forget about capitalization, it always comes out all in lowercase regardless. Can we fix this?

memoQ works like a charm on this issue, like at everything else.

How this Trados piece of junk has such a market share, it goes beyond me. Snake oil marketing, probably.

Outsourcers please move en masse to memoQ and stop forcing me into this nightmare.
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 14:10
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Same reason Windows won over OS2 25 years ago Apr 12, 2022

The reason was smart marketing. Trados captured the translation department of the EU administration, although I believe memoQ is now a hard competitor. A problem is that a lot of translation agencies these days want the translator to use their own inferior products based in the sky. I find that a bigger problem, since you don't have to work in Studio to do Studio jobs. I am doing them in Dejavu or memoQ all the time, so any such issue as you mention, is no problem for me, at least.

Yossi Rozenman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing autocomplete, no capitalization

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »