Thread poster: XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:00
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Aug 6, 2012

I've been with BT for two years now and am now free to go elsewhere. The router they've supplied is flaky (requires constant re-booting) and customer service is poor. Research of other providers such as Virgin and Talk Talk seems to reveal that they are even worse. Any recommendations?

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
For excellent customer service, try Zen Aug 6, 2012

Hi Lisa,

I've used Zen Internet for about 5 years. They consistently come top in reviews for customer service. When I first connected and had to speak to them a few times to arrange all the paperwork etc, I got through to the same UK-based customer service adviser the 3 times I called! Amazing!

Good luck!

Becky.

Richard Foulkes (X)
Richard Foulkes (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Had O2 for a few months Aug 6, 2012

No problems so far. Not had to touch the router, which couldn't be further in my house from my office, and I'm currently streaming the Olympics on two computers.

Robert Tucker (X)
Robert Tucker (X)
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Be Aug 6, 2012

Always had very good quick support. Got offered a new router when had a little trouble updating the firmware on current one (4½ years old) for IPv6 (resolved problem with old router – new routers are already configured).

https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/homepage

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
O2 Aug 6, 2012

Another vote for O2. Their customer service never let me down (not that I had to contact them often!) and the broadband speeds are good at very affordable prices.

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
BeThere Aug 6, 2012

This is what we have now. My significant other chose it and he loves it (he works in IT).

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone Aug 6, 2012

Given us something to go on. Indeed Zen's customer service seems excellent. Be There doesn't work in this part of the country unfortunately. Also exploring O2.

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 14:00
Japanese to English
Not Virgin. Never Virgin Aug 6, 2012

I can confirm that Virgin is absolutely terrible and not worth your time and money at all. Good luck finding something that works.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Broadband provider

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »