Cristina Casas Peregrina  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:10
Member (2010)
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 21, 2021

Hi,

After translating a xlf file in WordfastPro (with license) I click on 'Save file as translated'.

Then the progress bar appears on the screen very briefly and it shows 0%. Then it stops without the bar progressing any further. See screenshot.

That means that the translated file cannot be saved, it's like there is something in the file preventing it from being saved as translated. So the file remains untranslated.

Does anybody know why? I've
... See more
Hi,

After translating a xlf file in WordfastPro (with license) I click on 'Save file as translated'.

Then the progress bar appears on the screen very briefly and it shows 0%. Then it stops without the bar progressing any further. See screenshot.

That means that the translated file cannot be saved, it's like there is something in the file preventing it from being saved as translated. So the file remains untranslated.

Does anybody know why? I've tried this with xlf and sdlxliff, but it does not work.

Thanks in advance!

Rgds,
Cristina
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Tag check Dec 21, 2021

Hello,
Did you run Transcheck to make sure their are no missing tags?
Did you rename or move the source file outside of Wordfast Pro?
Can you pseudotranslate the source file to confirm that Wordfast Pro can handle the file (see the manual for instructions)?
Best,
John

Cristina Casas Peregrina
Cristina Casas Peregrina  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2010)
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
'Save file as translated' does NOT work Dec 21, 2021

Hi,

Please see my answers below.

Did you run Transcheck to make sure there are no missing tags?
-Yes, I did. there are NO missing tags.

-No, I didn't.

Can you pseudotranslate the source file to confirm that Wordfast Pro can handle the file (see the manual for instructions)?
-I have not pseutranslated the source file because I know my version of Wordfast Pro 6.13
... See more
Hi,

Please see my answers below.

Did you run Transcheck to make sure there are no missing tags?
-Yes, I did. there are NO missing tags.

-No, I didn't.

-I have not pseutranslated the source file because I know my version of Wordfast Pro 6.13 can handle these xlf files.

Any more ideas?

Regards,
Cristina
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Pseudotranslate and contact the hotline Dec 22, 2021

Hi Cristina,

I would pseudo translate the file first, then contact the hotline.

Put a copy of the original XLIFF file in a new folder, pseudotranslate it, open it in a text editor to confirm.

Also, did you check your xliff filter settings before importing? There is an option to lock HTML entities.

Kind regards,
John

Antonio Juan Bueno Sebastián
Antonio Juan Bueno Sebastián  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to Spanish
+ ...
The same problem Jan 29, 2022

Hola, amigas/os. I´m translating the first slides of a PowerPoint file with WP 5 and when trying to "Save File As Translated" I get this popup message:

"An error occurred while saving the document. More details: An unexpected error occurred during align of the file. java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException"

I have also seen that the translated file has 0 KB.

Can you please help?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Save file as translated' does NOT work

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »