How to select and delete multiple TUs in Wordfast Pro?
Thread poster: Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Oct 18, 2022

Over 400 copied source TUs have been saved to a translation memory.

I've gone into the TM editor and it appears that I can only select and delete one TU at a time.

Ancient versions of WFP had a checkbox that would allow us to select multiple TUs but the latest version appears to not have any way of selecting more than one TU at a time.

Is there a trick that I've missed to do this?

Thanks,
DJH

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 5.02.40 pm

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:17
Member (2006)
French to English
Ticketed issue Oct 18, 2022

Hi Dylan,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do this at this time. There is a ticket to improve the TM editor by adding this functionality. Please send a feedback report to help increase its priority.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to export as TMX, import in Wordfast Pro 3 and perform this operation. You might also be able to do it with Wordfast Classic (demo version) or Wordfast Anywhere. Finally, there are standalone TM editors you could use.

T
... See more
Hi Dylan,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do this at this time. There is a ticket to improve the TM editor by adding this functionality. Please send a feedback report to help increase its priority.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to export as TMX, import in Wordfast Pro 3 and perform this operation. You might also be able to do it with Wordfast Classic (demo version) or Wordfast Anywhere. Finally, there are standalone TM editors you could use.

Thanks in advance,

John
Collapse

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 19, 2022

Thanks John. Done!

kneyens
kneyens
Belgium
French to Dutch
What are those standalone TM Editors? Jul 11, 2023

John Di Rico wrote:

Hi Dylan,

Thanks in advance,

John

Dear John,

Apart from the fact that I find it very frustrating (and incredibly weird en contraproductive, to say the least) that features that worked well in WF3 have disappeared in later upgrades, I am interested in the names of those standalone TM editors. The TM Editor in WF8 is absolutely useless, but my company is very concerned about quality control, so I need a good TM Editor for the TM administration of my team.

Thank you in advance,

Katleen

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Heartsome TMX Editor Jul 21, 2023

This is the one that comes to mind.

The free Heartsome TMX Editor offers many useful and convenient features to perform all maintenance tasks easily with a single tool.

Stefan Stefanov

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to select and delete multiple TUs in Wordfast Pro?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »