Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:37
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2006

I use wordfast but am still a novice.
I have started translating a document from French into UK English only to realize about half way through that US English is required. What is the best fix for this? I am thinking of just carrying on and then doing a US spell check once I have finished and cleaned up the document.

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Finish, then change Apr 26, 2006

Hi,

I suggest you finish your translation first. Then open the TM file with Excel (you may have to rename it to .csv before opening it), use tab as delimiter and change the complete column from EN-UK to EN-US.

HTH.

Sonja

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Stop and edit your TM Apr 26, 2006

Mark Nathan wrote:
I have started translating a document from French into UK English only to realize about half way through that US English is required. What is the best fix for this?

You don't say how big your document is. Well, if it were me, I would stop the translation, then open the TM itself in MS Word, then replace all instances of EN-UK to EN-US, then save the TM, then start translating again. Personally I would start the document from scratch using the existing TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change language of a TM

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »