Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 18:47
Członek ProZ.com
od 2002

angielski > arabski
+ ...
Apr 6, 2004

When translating English documents to Arabic we often accross document formats in which certain titles are in all CAPS while lesser headings are in bold font and/or underlined.

Given that there is no capitalization in Arabic, please respond with your practices or suggestions for reflecting the distincton between these formats in the target Arabic document.

Alaa

Aladdin
Aladdin
angielski > arabski
+ ...
Increase font size Apr 6, 2004

Dear Alaa,

The right solution to overcome this problem is to increase the font size of the word in Arabic to resemble that of the English source, and this was the only solution that i have found for this problem which always faces me in DTP,

Best regards

Omnia Kamel

Omnia Kamel
Omnia Kamel  Identity Verified
Egipt
Członek ProZ.com
od 2023

angielski > arabski
+ ...
still looking for answers?! May 2

A standardized solution might not be possible for an issue like this one. I'll discuss one possible suggestion with the client, which is using quotation marks or italics and leave their response here later, if any.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Capitalization Question

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »