Off topic: singing camel
Thread poster: Steve Booth
Steve Booth
Steve Booth  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 19, 2007

A bit of a weird one this a friend has a singing camel toy bought in the gulf somehwere and has asked me if i can identify the words. I can hardly make them out myself and don't know the chant/song

The camel has glowing red eyes and a quick search found one posted on you tube singing the same song. If anyone can help with the words of the song I would appreciate it.

The
... See more
A bit of a weird one this a friend has a singing camel toy bought in the gulf somehwere and has asked me if i can identify the words. I can hardly make them out myself and don't know the chant/song

The camel has glowing red eyes and a quick search found one posted on you tube singing the same song. If anyone can help with the words of the song I would appreciate it.

The link on you tube is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SYSSdTJ8Gc&feature=related

Thanks
Collapse

Sarah Dakhlaoui
Sarah Dakhlaoui  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:56
Member (2008)
Spanish to Arabic
+ ...
AN EGYPTIAN SONG... Dec 19, 2007

I think that it is an Egyptian song wich was a popular "success" 3 or 4 years ago. I don't know the lyrics but may be some Egyptian colleague can help you more.

Regards.

Waleed Mohamed
Waleed Mohamed  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 19:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
أغنية مصرية Dec 19, 2007

أغنية مصرية نصها كما يلي

آلوه
آلوه
آلوه
آلوه
بابا فين؟
بابا هنا، هنا أهوه، أقول له مين؟
قول له عمو
عمو مين؟ أقول له مين بيكلمو؟

تحياتي
وليد

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
A very irritating song Dec 19, 2007

And here's the very irritating clip that goes with it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dGZv7KLmPM

Enjoy

Steve Booth
Steve Booth  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks a lot Dec 19, 2007

Waleed thanks a lot for the words and Nesrin for the link.

I had actually seen that clip before but didn't remember it and to be honest i don't think i could have worked it out from the camel singing it.

It is lovely and clear in the clip but as you say very annoying.

Thanks again

S

rando991
rando991
English
DIFFERENT Singing camel Jan 29, 2009

I have a singing camel toy that was bought in Saudi Arabia. It sings a different tune that the one mentioned above. It sounds like he says: "Amma Dai....Amma Dai....Aaaaaama....Aaaaama" Does anyone know what this means?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

singing camel

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »