Barbara Santos  Identity Verified
Portugália
Local time: 17:23
Tag (2005 óta)
német - portugál
+ ...
Feb 23, 2013

Dear Across users,

I have tried to find this answer in the User's Guide and on this forum, but I haven't been successful, so I have to ask again for your help.

I work in the online server, with Across PE 5.5 version.

I have received a project with exactly 99 files, with different word counts from as little as 41 to 2400 total words. Now, I would like to analyse each file to check how many new words, fuzzies and repetitions each of them has, so I can start w
... See more
Dear Across users,

I have tried to find this answer in the User's Guide and on this forum, but I haven't been successful, so I have to ask again for your help.

I work in the online server, with Across PE 5.5 version.

I have received a project with exactly 99 files, with different word counts from as little as 41 to 2400 total words. Now, I would like to analyse each file to check how many new words, fuzzies and repetitions each of them has, so I can start working on the files with the highest no match score (starting from top to bottom isn't relevant for the text).

So, in Trados I can do this easily, but I don't understand how I can do it in Across.
Is there a way to generate reports at the beginning of the translation and also during the translation, so as to know how the work is progressing?

Thank you for any tip you may have on this issue!

Regards and have a good weekend,
Bárbara
Collapse

Andrej
Andrej  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:23
Tag (2005 óta)
német - orosz
+ ...
Statistics Apr 18, 2013

Hi Barbara, you can find statistics before the translation, if you go to "View my task", choose the needed task (file) and press "Show report" (in the right bottom corner). The statistics is displayed while you are confirming the tasks as well.

As for the analysis during the work, so you can use this workaround: open the file you want to analyse, go to "Tools" -> "Pre-translation" -> "Search". You will get the statistics for the opened file in this window. Then close the window ("C
... See more
Hi Barbara, you can find statistics before the translation, if you go to "View my task", choose the needed task (file) and press "Show report" (in the right bottom corner). The statistics is displayed while you are confirming the tasks as well.

As for the analysis during the work, so you can use this workaround: open the file you want to analyse, go to "Tools" -> "Pre-translation" -> "Search". You will get the statistics for the opened file in this window. Then close the window ("Close" -> "Yes").

I hope this helps.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File analysis before and during translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »