Jorge Rodríguez Rodríguez
Jorge Rodríguez Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 17, 2022

Hello colleagues,

I have been contacted today by a translation agency to assign me a translation job and the contact person has proposed me to write an article for their blog in addition if I want.

We haven't discussed the details but I can choose any topic I feel comfortable with.

I only was pondering how much is copywriting charged. I have no clue. If you prefer not to mention a minimum rate, just a percentage of your rates for translation should be enoug
... See more
Hello colleagues,

I have been contacted today by a translation agency to assign me a translation job and the contact person has proposed me to write an article for their blog in addition if I want.

We haven't discussed the details but I can choose any topic I feel comfortable with.

I only was pondering how much is copywriting charged. I have no clue. If you prefer not to mention a minimum rate, just a percentage of your rates for translation should be enough for me to figure out how much I should charge.

Thank you.
Collapse

MOUNIR LOUKOUMANOU
MOUNIR LOUKOUMANOU
Local time: 06:26
English to French
+ ...
Hi Jorge Nov 17, 2022

You should consider charging per hour or per word, whatever, note that copywriting is more than just translating. It involves other activities such as keyword search, analytics, competitor analysis as it is mainly for SEO ranking on any search engine. I would advise you evaluate the number of hours you can spend crafting the blog post.

yinnyann

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
Content writing and transcreation Nov 18, 2022

Hi Jorge
My rate for SEO content writing is twice my rate for translation and includes up to two rounds of amends. Content writing takes a lot longer than translating.

My rate for transcreation is 50% more than my rate for translation, with no SEO work. Transcreation includes some amends and alternative versions of phrases. I'd apply my rate for content writing if SEO work is required.

Before you start writing the client should give you a brief with the keyphrases
... See more
Hi Jorge
My rate for SEO content writing is twice my rate for translation and includes up to two rounds of amends. Content writing takes a lot longer than translating.

My rate for transcreation is 50% more than my rate for translation, with no SEO work. Transcreation includes some amends and alternative versions of phrases. I'd apply my rate for content writing if SEO work is required.

Before you start writing the client should give you a brief with the keyphrases they want to use. The brief should also include the topic, references and links to any relevant content they already have. This way you have something to work with and the client gets something relevant.

Write about any topic you want?
Might be looking for a freebie.
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:26
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It looks very much like a freebie... Nov 18, 2022

Jo Macdonald wrote:
Write about any topic you want?
Might be looking for a freebie.

Jo Macdonald
Lingua 5B
Jennifer Levey
Jorge Payan

David GAY
David GAY
English to French
+ ...
Clients Nov 18, 2022

Jo Macdonald wrote:
My rate for SEO content writing is twice my rate for translation.

My rate for transcreation is 50% more than my rate for translation, with no SEO work.

Do you have any clients?

Marcel Gomez

David GAY
David GAY
English to French
+ ...
pro bono Nov 18, 2022

Jorge Rodríguez Rodríguez wrote:

Hello colleagues,

We haven't discussed the details.

Hello Jorge Are you sure they intend to pay you anything for this task? In the translation industry, the rate is never a detail.
Wake up

[Edited at 2022-11-18 09:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-11-18 09:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-11-18 09:59 GMT]

Jorge Payan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proposal to do copywriting

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »