Copywriting vs Transcreation final
Thread poster: MOUNIR LOUKOUMANOU
MOUNIR LOUKOUMANOU
MOUNIR LOUKOUMANOU
Local time: 10:50
English to French
+ ...
Dec 22, 2022

I recently asked a forum question on whether one can be a good transcreator without prior copywriting experience or skills. Replies from this question made me push my research further to write an article on the differences between the two disciplines. Here is the summary:

Copywriting is the art of combining creative writing with persuasive writing with the goal of reaching a target audience and persuading them to do something in a given medium

Transcreation is the recr
... See more
I recently asked a forum question on whether one can be a good transcreator without prior copywriting experience or skills. Replies from this question made me push my research further to write an article on the differences between the two disciplines. Here is the summary:

Copywriting is the art of combining creative writing with persuasive writing with the goal of reaching a target audience and persuading them to do something in a given medium

Transcreation is the recreation of a persuasive and creative text from one language to another. Its services are used in the field of multilingual communication and marketing.

Key points that make them different:

Billing Per Project, Background Knowledge and Area of Focus.

What do you think?
Collapse

Igor Indruch
Igor Indruch  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:50
English to Czech
I DO BOTH Dec 25, 2022

And generally, I prefer transcreation.
It's because in transcreation I can use almost the same level of creativity as in copywriting, but I do not need to pay much attention to things that usually make a copywriting very annoying. The most annoying thing in copywriting is SEO optimalization. Quite often clients have a lot of demands, but they are not able to clearly specify them. They just say: we need more of these keywords etc.
In transcreation I already have required keywords dens
... See more
And generally, I prefer transcreation.
It's because in transcreation I can use almost the same level of creativity as in copywriting, but I do not need to pay much attention to things that usually make a copywriting very annoying. The most annoying thing in copywriting is SEO optimalization. Quite often clients have a lot of demands, but they are not able to clearly specify them. They just say: we need more of these keywords etc.
In transcreation I already have required keywords density etc., so I just keep things consistent and focus on other things like readability, punchiness etc.
Collapse

MOUNIR LOUKOUMANOU

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copywriting vs Transcreation final

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »