Copying a TM within memoQ
Thread poster: Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:21
French to English
Dec 13, 2023

Would have thought this question had arisen before but can't find anything.

MemoQ 9.6 - I want to make a copy of a TM, for use in memoQ.
Is there a way to do this within memoQ, without exporting and importing TMX format?

Is any information lost by using this export-import method?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Clone Dec 13, 2023

There is a Clone function on the Resource console, but it doesn't clone the contents. I'm not aware that you'd lose anything by exporting and importing.

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Much obliged :) Dec 13, 2023

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

There is a Clone function on the Resource console, but it doesn't clone the contents. I'm not aware that you'd lose anything by exporting and importing.

I saw Clone and wondered what the point was, but I guess it saves setting up a new TM from scratch. I'd hoped it would copy content too, but if export-import loses nothing, I guess that will work. Thanks!

Thomas T. Frost

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copying a TM within memoQ

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »