Tópico cartaz: Miroslaw Suwala
Miroslaw Suwala
Miroslaw Suwala
Polônia
Local time: 04:44
inglês para polonês
+ ...
Feb 3, 2011

This is the first time a customer has asked me to send back a false-positive report from X-bench
Having not much experience with X-bench can I please have someone explain to me what this is all about?
How do I create such a report?

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 22:44
alemão para inglês
Export QA result Feb 3, 2011

I think your client wants a report indicating inconsistencies in the source text. This may include identical text with different spacing/punctuation, different tags or spelling differences, all of which you standardized in your translation. It might also include source text with the same general content but worded differently
(Tighten screw/Tighten the screw or solder 3 wires/solder three wires). These would all be considered false positives in my opinion, that is flagged as errors but in
... See more
I think your client wants a report indicating inconsistencies in the source text. This may include identical text with different spacing/punctuation, different tags or spelling differences, all of which you standardized in your translation. It might also include source text with the same general content but worded differently
(Tighten screw/Tighten the screw or solder 3 wires/solder three wires). These would all be considered false positives in my opinion, that is flagged as errors but in reality aren't, assuming your target translations were consistent.

I would create a report by exporting the QA results (Tools/Export QA result), preferably as an Excel file, as it's the most easily read/edited. Then I would remove the irrelevant items.
Collapse

Michele Santiago
Michele Santiago  Identity Verified
Brasil
Local time: 23:44
inglês para português
+ ...
X bench report Feb 3, 2011

I have worked with several translation agencies that requested the full Xbench report along with the translated files. And they wanted the report commented - I could not erase any item, I just added the comment "false positive" when necessary.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

X-bench false-positive report request

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »