Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:25
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jun 13, 2014

Hello everyone

I sometimes need to perform tasks in which it would be simpler for me to simply talk and take pictures (screenshots, photos or videos), and then transcribe what I had said later.... or to be able to share my spoken comments along with the pictures in an interactive way with another person. Do you know of such software?

Essentially I'm thinking of something that will allow me to show an audio file and thumbnails on a "timeline" (similar to what you'd see
... See more
Hello everyone

I sometimes need to perform tasks in which it would be simpler for me to simply talk and take pictures (screenshots, photos or videos), and then transcribe what I had said later.... or to be able to share my spoken comments along with the pictures in an interactive way with another person. Do you know of such software?

Essentially I'm thinking of something that will allow me to show an audio file and thumbnails on a "timeline" (similar to what you'd see in a movie editing program), so that I can move to a thumbnail and listen to the sound at that point, or move to a portion of sound (where I can see from the graph that there is sound) even if there is no picture at that point. Pictures and videos have date/time stamps in them, so you should be able to put them on a "timeline". Audio recordings don't have date/time stamps, but you can tell the program at what date/time the recording starts, so that the program can sync up the recording with the thumbnails.

I'm just looking for a viewer -- not something that will create a movie or a slide show. I will then transcribe the audio and/or copy/paste the images into a document myself (or let the other person install the same software and explain to him how to view the timeline).

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Something like this? Jun 13, 2014

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pear-note/id411827890?l=es&mt=12

Regards

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, not quite Jun 13, 2014

Fernando Toledo wrote:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pear-note/id411827890?l=es&mt=12[/quote]

Pear Note is an interesting tool, yes, but it requires me to type notes. In other words, I have to use my hands for typing.

What I would like to be able to do is not use my keyboard at all, except for taking screenshots or perhaps for typing things during the normal course of the activity (but not type notes... that's what my voice is for). Or another scenario is if you are in an office with more than one computer or perhaps printouts (story boards etc) and you just talk (and make the recording) and at some point in time take out your smart phone and take pictures or a video of something, e.g. while someone points a finger at something while you say something about it, which you will later transcribe if you want.

Also Pear Note doesn't have a visual time line -- it shows a playback bar but it doesn't show the waveforms, so you can't see where there is sound and where there is silence.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software for timeline with recorded audio and photos/videos

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »