The rudiments of Latin and English grammar: designed to facilitate the study of both languages, by
Thread poster: Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 04:01
English to Thai
+ ...
Sep 13, 2015

I met with this classic text which is available here:
https://archive.org/details/rudiments00adam

I wonder how many translators of English read this book. I find it helpful to understand more about language since my native tongue is Thai, a remnant of Mon-Khmer languages in South-East Asia.
For people with native tongue of Germanic languages, studying and pronunciatio
... See more
I met with this classic text which is available here:
https://archive.org/details/rudiments00adam

I wonder how many translators of English read this book. I find it helpful to understand more about language since my native tongue is Thai, a remnant of Mon-Khmer languages in South-East Asia.
For people with native tongue of Germanic languages, studying and pronunciation of English is not to hard. But for South-East Asian people, I recommend studying of Pali, then Latin to master the English grammar.
In fact, English grammar can be a simplified version of Latin since complicated Latin grammars are expressed only as idiom in English.

Can we exchange about how to study English as the second language, in particular among non-Germanic language speakers.

Soonthon L.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The rudiments of Latin and English grammar: designed to facilitate the study of both languages, by

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »