shozayen
Local time: 14:29
English to Arabic
Nov 17, 2004

Dear all

i use Trados 6.5 with windows XP

Problem:

translating from English to Urdu or English to Farsi in MS word
when i press Open/Get the Translation of the Source sentence do not appear , just rubbish charachters appear in the

target cell, but the source and target sentences appear correclty in the workbench

i dont know what is the problem exactly ?

but when i copy the Rubbish characters and paste it and sav
... See more
Dear all

i use Trados 6.5 with windows XP

Problem:

translating from English to Urdu or English to Farsi in MS word
when i press Open/Get the Translation of the Source sentence do not appear , just rubbish charachters appear in the

target cell, but the source and target sentences appear correclty in the workbench

i dont know what is the problem exactly ?

but when i copy the Rubbish characters and paste it and save it in a TU in the workbench, it appears correctly
i think that the problem arises from the word and this appears in all files not only specific files

here is the rubbish charachters
:

�� ���� ���� � {\cs6\f1\cf6\lang1024 < h>} ��� �� ������ ������.

i adjust the target Font to "Times New Roman", but the rubbish charchters still exist.

i appreciate any suggestions or solutions

Best Regards

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-11-17 09:00]
Collapse

Simone Pux
Simone Pux
Local time: 12:29
English to German
set font in word to Arabic font Nov 18, 2004

I think you need to select an Arabic font in Word to display the characters in the target segement in Word correctly. If you select Times New Roman in Word, then the Arabic input will be garbled in Word.
Also make sure that in Translator's Workbench under File -> Setup -> Fonts under 'Target Default Fonts' you have an Arabic Font selected and check the check box 'Translate into Target Default for all other fonts'.
Hope this helps.

shozayen
shozayen
Local time: 14:29
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Re: rubbish charachters in Target Cell Nov 21, 2004

Dear Simone

i m not a translator, i m just a technician support for localization ,and i help translators solve technical problems

and i also have the Problem with Urdu and Farsi Languages not Arabic

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

rubbish charachters in Target Cell

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »