Thread poster: kd42
kd42
kd42
Estonia
Local time: 09:34
English to Russian
Oct 19, 2023

Good day,

I have a document with double and triple spaces, I tried typing two spaces in the "Find" field and one space in the "Replace with" field, but I get multiple error messages.

Is there a regex syntax which would mean "two and more spaces", like Word's [^32]{1;}?

A side note:
=========
There is a very close topic with very good answers and answerers where I would rather continue the discu
... See more
Good day,

I have a document with double and triple spaces, I tried typing two spaces in the "Find" field and one space in the "Replace with" field, but I get multiple error messages.

Is there a regex syntax which would mean "two and more spaces", like Word's [^32]{1;}?

A side note:
=========
There is a very close topic with very good answers and answerers where I would rather continue the discussion [ https://www.proz.com/forum/trados_support/351299-need_to_delete_all_line_breaks_in_source.html ], but Proz forums don't have a good notification system. I posted a question about this drawback recently, this is a good example of the forums' imperfection.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:34
English to Russian
Regex Oct 20, 2023

Weirdly, replacing two spaces with one space works fine for me.
However, you can also use the following regular expression:
Find what: \s{2,}
Replace with: just type a single regular whitespace here

[Edited at 2023-10-21 09:32 GMT]

Dan Lucas
expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need syntax for the CleanUp Tasks plugin to shrink consecutive spaces

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »