Cyrielle Hardenne
Cyrielle Hardenne
Canada
Local time: 09:46
English to French
+ ...
Dec 5, 2023

Hi everyone.
Long story short, I had Studio 2015 and it stopped working. I bought a new license for the 2022 version (the only one available), only to find out it is not supported by my main client server/system. And they won't upgrade it until February 2024, potentially. Neither my client nor RWS can help me. I was sent download links for prior versions, but it gives me the 30 day trial version.
Has anyone been in this situation before?
Do you know of any group where translato
... See more
Hi everyone.
Long story short, I had Studio 2015 and it stopped working. I bought a new license for the 2022 version (the only one available), only to find out it is not supported by my main client server/system. And they won't upgrade it until February 2024, potentially. Neither my client nor RWS can help me. I was sent download links for prior versions, but it gives me the 30 day trial version.
Has anyone been in this situation before?
Do you know of any group where translators/revisors share extra activation codes for prior versions (2017, 2019, 2021) in exchange for a financial contribution?
I am really stuck and not sure what to do :-/
Thanks a lot in advance!
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:46
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
I checked and... Dec 5, 2023

I checked my old files, and I found a ZIP file with the name "sdl trados 2015 sr3 (if install problem) RegistrationFix.zip" which I think I must have gotten from an official source. I'm not sure where I got if from or what problem it was meant to fix, but perhaps it fixes yours...?

https://we.tl/t-DAZSGae6Ja

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Installers Dec 5, 2023

I can't help with an install number, but here are the latest 2015 installers (originally downloaded from the official website).
https://we.tl/t-B2HLxd5spY

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Sharing Dec 5, 2023

I think sharing is problematic because then you have to be in constant touch with the other translator for any tech issues, which can't be vouched. What if you lose contact with that translator, for any reason?

You bought an expensive license before checking whether your system supports it?

expressisverbis
Jorge Payan

Cyrielle Hardenne
Cyrielle Hardenne
Canada
Local time: 09:46
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2022 Dec 5, 2023

Lingua 5B wrote:

I think sharing is problematic because then you have to be in constant touch with the other translator for any tech issues, which can't be vouched. What if you lose contact with that translator, for any reason?

You bought an expensive license before checking whether your system supports it?

Yes I know, it was supposed to be a plan B until my client upgrades their system.
Studio 2022 works fine on my laptop, the problem is with my client's server. It is one of the biggest translation agencies in the world, if not the biggest, and they have been using Trados forever, I was really caught off guard when they told me there was a compatibility issue. They have been pushing freelancers to upgrade every year, and now they are running late. I guess I am gonna go on a sabbatical

Paolo Sebastiani
Paolo Sebastiani  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
I can try to help you out Dec 5, 2023

Hello,

If you like I can try to help you out with your Trados Studio problem.

You can contact me via email: [email protected] 

Or via skype: eurox55

This is my phone nr +39 328 2419508

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Paolo

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:46
English to Russian
Excahnge Dec 5, 2023

I think you can exchange it with someone who has Trados 2021. Here are the steps to follow: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/40876/i-m-retiring-and-would-like-to-sell-my-trados-studio-2021
It describes selling a license, but exchange is like
... See more
I think you can exchange it with someone who has Trados 2021. Here are the steps to follow: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/40876/i-m-retiring-and-would-like-to-sell-my-trados-studio-2021
It describes selling a license, but exchange is like a zero-sum double selling. One of you "sells" Trados 2022 for $X, the other "sells" Trados 2021 for $X too.

[Edited at 2023-12-05 22:19 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Purchasing studio version prior to 2022

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »